Resp & Qualifications
CareFirst IT is working on the design and development of next-generation software, APIs and Advanced Analytics that would serve as building blocks to create new business capabilities and allow for quick and consistent application integration within and with external business partners. The Full Stack Developer - Senior will supervise a team of contingent workers who will spend 100% of their time on design development, and support of the reusable software in an agile environment using the CareFirst DevSecOps standards, guiding a vision for how reusable software should be designed and implemented for CareFirst customers/ partners.
Full Stack Developer – Senior would own a set of assigned applications, including system requirements, design, full stack development, testing, deployment, support and operational aspects of software, in a hybrid – on-premise/cloud environment. Software development teams at CareFirst strives for continuous learning and improvement, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Under the general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Software design, development, and support:
- Responsible for leading the design, development, testing, and support of software for responsive websites, mobile apps and integration with partners using Java, Spring Boot, REST APIs, Angular.js, and microservices-oriented architecture.
- Responsible for following DevSecOps methodology– you build it, you run it; you break it, you fix it.
- Actively participate in the code review process.
- Oversee a team of Full Stack developers on and off-shore practices.
- Responsible for documenting standards and best practices, such as unit test integration.
- Preparing and producing releases of software components.
- Troubleshoot production issues across services and multiple levels of the application stack.
- Ensure design is scalable secure and reusable.
- Maintain consistency with established design patterns.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of software design.
Technical analysis, collaboration, and communication:
- Work with technical and business teams to analyze and elaborate on requirements and perform impact analysis.
- Document, communicate, and get consensus on application design.
- Plan and estimate work to be completed.
- Collaborate effectively with onsite/offshore teams.
- Identifies and implements improvements to assigned SDLC processes (e.g. Agile, DevSecOps).
- Elevates significant issues to the attention of Full Stack Developers Manager.
Training, Research & Development:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the dynamically changing mobile and web, app Integration APIs and database technologies landscape to continuously improve the software quality and keep up with the market demands.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Develop healthcare domain expertise specifically in payer space.
No supervisory responsibilities. Full Stack Developer-Senior would work closely with peers, oversee and mentor junior/new developers, and knowledge transfer with other developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider four years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
- 4+ years of experience as a full stack developer.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent required from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Expert with Java development.
- Expert with Spring framework.
- Expert with SQL, ORM frameworks e.g. JPA/Hibernate.
- Expert with front-end frameworks such as Angular and/or React.
- Expert with API development.
- Expert with DevOps toolchain.
- Proficient with Angular JS.
- Knowledge of NoSQL datastores, Caching concepts, and web security concepts e.g. oAuth2, SAML.
- Expert with testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito, Karma, Protractor, etc.
- Knowledge of one or more API/ Integration Management platform.
- Knowledge of Android and/or iOS mobile development.
- Knowledge of containers e.g. docker.
- Knowledge with cloud native application development.
- Ability to lead a team of Full Stack Developers on and offshore to ensure work is delivered as designed and on time.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter that values continuous learning.
- Passion for reusable, scalable, and secure software development.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skill.
- Will have experience designing and supporting full stack development for large-scale systems in a production environment.
- Must demonstrate resilience and effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- Experience in the Healthcare domain.
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.
- Experience in using Agile Project Management/Defect management tools like Rally, ALM, JIRA, etc.
- Relevant certifications in Web development, Mobile development, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Cloud, etc.
- Contributor to an open source project.
- Experience in developing BPM, workflow and rules-engine driven processes.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and instrumenting automated builds/deployments through tooling. (Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience supporting testing in an Agile test environment, including exposure to CI/CD tools and Test Driven Development. (TDD)
- Experience with Selenium and test automation.
Department: Provider Technology Support
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 09/24/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship