Resp & Qualifications
Ensure the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient test plans and the documentation and resolution of testing problems as they arise.
The FTA will assist in developing test plans and test cases that map to business requirements and functional specifications using established procedures to ensure that corporate standards and end-user business requirements are being met. The FTA will actively participate in testing and work with Business/Requirements Analysts to ensure requirements are correct, complete, concise and testable. Work is reviewed for accuracy under the guidance of the Lead or Senior Functional Test Analyst. The FTA will develop test scenarios in support of User Acceptance Testing and other external validation. The FTA will also develop skills to review, analyze and test requirements that impact the business production systems.
Under direction of the Supervisor or Manager, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• College Degree or equivalent work experience and at least 1-3 years of testing methodology experience.
• Experience in functional analysis, and verification and validation
• Knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel; Access; Power Point
• Must have solid oral and written communications abilities, and must possess an ability to accurately interpret written data. This includes the ability to write within a technical testing environment – test plans and case; documenting findings on test efforts; etc.
• Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams, demonstrating initiative.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and put in the time necessary to complete the work under tight deadlines.
• Extensive FEPDirect claims process experience.
• Excellent Quality
• Desire to learn and grow
• Must being willing to travel for conferences and training
• Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal communication
• Problem-solving skills are needed
• Solid customer service skills
• Demonstrate initiative and work well independently, as well as a contributing member of a team
• Must be well organized and detail oriented
• Must be a team player, use professional judgment, and support organizational and departmental goals
• College degree in a technical discipline with some knowledge of testing methodology and software packages such as SQL, Automated Testing tools (HPQC, QTP, and SOA Tester). Experience working in environments using,, SOAP, XML, Java, EDW/BI, TIBCO, Pega, Relational Databases (Oracle, Sybase, etc), Unix, Informatica, .Net, PowerBuilder, MQ, Visual Basic, Access, TSO, JCL, File Aid, DB2, Easytrieve, QMF, , Visio
• Experience with at least 1 relational database management system (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
• Experience with defect tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, Service and Request Tracking System) and 1 test management tool (e.g., TestManager, TestDirector/Quality Center)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Release Quality Assurance & Strategy
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please apply before: 10/11/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship