Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Manages cross-functional teams responsible for delivering strategic/ regulatory/compliance projects, often crossing organizational boundaries with an enterprise wide reach. Manages all phases of the project life-cycle process, from conception/initiation through closing, in order to deliver a specified information technology or business product, service, system, or result within the constraints of the project scope, resources, time, and budget. The incumbent handles more complex projects that may have enterprise wide impact typically a corporate initiative. May handle multiple projects simultaneously depending on the scope and complexities of projects assigned. May handle an occasional day-to-day project resulting from legislation or compliance audits.
Duties and Responsibilities
Regulatory Compliance and Guidance
Project Monitoring and Control/Risk Management:
Project Staff Management:
This position is subject to Level 6C security requirements.
Required: This position requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent work experience required. Four to six years of related IT project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment.
Out of the 4-6 years required, at least 4 years in a combination of the following:
• Progressive broad-based information systems Project Management experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing struc¬tures.
• Experience in execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of Systems development lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle
• Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
• Strong leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
• Considerable experience managing and delivering Business and IT centric projects using (where appropriate) leading-edge technology, and older legacy systems.
• Health Insurance industry exposure
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
• Exceptional project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility
• Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating and costing
• Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain busi¬ness success.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Knowledge of local systems and experience with hardware, software and high level programming is required in order to understand the effect a new project will have throughout all related systems.
• MS Office proficiency.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in a related field. Specific experience with successful large-scale project implementations in a Health Insurance Company. Project Management Institute Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP).
Specific experience with successful implementations in Medicare Advantage and/or Medicaid related projects. Exposure to functional business areas and/or systems supporting Medicare Advantage and/or Medicaid is preferred.
Department: MA Implement - Gov't Pgrm
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/06/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship