Resp & Qualifications
Under the general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Lead and participate at an expert-level with the feasibility of the most complex enhancements, automations and implementations review, analysis, and evaluation of current and future business processes. Explore alternative business solutions - is liaison to business/IT/Shared Services to explain choices and implications - works closely with system analyst to help create POCs and alternative solutions to create, maintain and enhance business value. Develop solutions that solve the most complex technical and/or business issues. Proactively identifies opportunities and enhancements. Independently lead or participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, with focus on defining the underlying business needs, documenting those needs, validating conceptual systems designs, and assuring delivery quality through comprehensive testing and training.
Analyze define and interpret business needs and issues by gathering, analyzing, documenting and validating the Business area(s) and user(s) technical (functional/non-functional) requirements. Create PRD (Project Requirements Document) for most complex enhancements, automations and implementations including defining Business, User and functional and non-functional requirements needed for approval by Business and for use by Design, Development and Testing teams. Create Requirements Management Plan to define, organize and schedule requirements management and development activities. Lead requirements analysis and verification sessions. Produces Requirements Tracebility Matrix (RTM) and RTM gap analysis reports. Track and manage open issues and plan for resolution. Troubleshoot systems problems, identify cause of problems, work with appropriate group to correct problem. Maintain communications with technical counterparts to guide the issues to cross-functional resolution and adopt best practices and ensure integration of specific application architecture into overall enterprise technology strategy.
Lead testing efforts by defining, developing and implementing practices and procedures for complete end user test plans. Ensures all tests are conducted and documented according to standards. Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions. Responsible for overall success of testing, including results verification and release. Coordinates groups of end users who test, evaluate and validate new functions and applications and identify issues in software or services. Ensures continuing operational quality by documenting fixes and enhancements. Providing guidance and training to application end users. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve defects during the testing process. Leads development sessions and design reviews in order to ensure design meets user requirements.
Reviews, edits, analyze and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs. Responsible for writing all documentation in clear and well organized manner including SOPs and training manuals.
Use project management techniques to establish roles and responsibilities, monitor project and request status and workload, and ensure deliverables of high quality, effectiveness and timeliness. Manages assigned enhancements, automations and implementations from concept through implementation. Creates, develops and maintains project schedules for key deliverables by developing project plan, monitoring milestone completion and coordinating project progress. Develops key project deliverables including requirements specifications, use cases, system test cases, training and documentation and user manuals for the most complex enhancements, automations and implementations. Manages the sequencing of releases to meet business needs.
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or testing background and 6+ years of direct Business Analyst experience.
• Experience in business process analysis, Work flow, task analysis, user acceptance testing and requirements analysis.
• Proven ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
• Strong experience with user acceptance testing concepts.
• Proven ability to work well as a team.
• Demonstrated ability to lead problem solving business/technology teams and projects.
• Technical writing experience and training experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated successful use of SDLC methodology or demonstrated knowledge of business processes related to the business area supporting.
• Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Business Analysis Best Practices.
• Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests.
• Proven ability to lead problem-solving discussions.
• Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
• High level of analytical and problem solving skills
• Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Excel, VISIO and Power Point.
• Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: Functional Decomposition, Data Flow Diagrams, User Context Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Decision Needs, Workflow modeling, Use Cases, Use Case Model Survey and Use Case Specification, Process Modeling, Prototyping
• Demonstrated leadership skills. Experience with coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to associates as well as leading small teams of junior analysts.
• Knowledge of organization and operations of the business area supporting.
• Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
• Knowledge of the CareFirst Defined Processes.
• BA certification
• Experience with Requirements Management tools.
• Experience with healthcare insurance industry, especially BCBS plans.
• Experience with software testing, test management and defect tracking tools.
Department: MA Implement- Government Programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/16/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship