Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Manages all Release Management activities for cross-functional system development teams responsible for delivering technology products and services funded by BCBSA FEP Director’s Office. Span of responsibility covers large highly complex systems and projects. Acts as Technical Program Manager on small to medium size technology delivery programs. Act as a backup for a Technical Program manager when needed. Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and with quality. Manages all the system development and testing activities for a given FEP Operations Center (FEPOC) technology product offering across all statements of work (SOWs) and projects that impact that technology product. Requires a depth of knowledge of system development methodologies (waterfall, Agile, Kanban, etc.); understanding of technologies employed at FEPOC; ability to effectively communicate technical information; experience managing a matrix of cross functional teams; and ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the system development life-cycle (SDLC) for multiple projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget. Requires effective management of the Customer relationship, including ability to manage Customer messaging and issue resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Project Management:
2. Project Monitoring and Control/Risk Management:
3. Program Management:
4. Budget Management:
Miscellaneous other duties, as applicable:
Creates Executive Summaries for all contractor resources required to complete a project
Assists in skills development and training assessments for the Project Manager staff. Provides input on performance feedback for Project Manager staff.
Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with the line of FEP program managers, business owners, and customers.
Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers in a matrix environment.
Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in SDLC project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team members work.
This position is subject to Level 6C security requirements.
Required: This position requires a four-year degree in CIS/MIS or equivalent experience of 5-7 years of related SDLC project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment. This will be built on a track record of Release Management implementing business solutions in core critical technologies in use at the FEPOC in roles from developer through technical lead(Lead Software Engineer or equivalent).
• Release Mangement experience managing and delivering SDLC projects integrating leading-edge technologies and older legacy technologies
• In-depth of knowledge of system development methodologies; understanding of technologies employed at FEPOC; experience managing matriced cross functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the system development life-cycle (SDLC) for multiple projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate the development of a WBS in partnership with functional teams
• Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
• Leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage the Customer relationship, including ability to manage Customer messaging and issue resolution.
• Exceptional project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing small to moderate projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility, including the use of MS Project and ideally Clarity Portfolio Management tool.
• Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating and costing
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Knowledge of technology product offerings and experience with hardware, software and software development methodologies is required in order to understand the impact a new project will have on a technology product
• Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
Preferred: Prior Health insurance industry exposure.
Portfolio and Release Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/17/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship