Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Program Director, Procurement Contracts & Governance, this position reviews Strategic Sourcing and Procurement contracts to ensure legal, compliance, risk management, and overall contract quality assurance. This position is also directly responsible for drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contracts and Compliance:
• Review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts including but not limited to Consulting Services Agreements, Software License Agreements, SaaS Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.
• Ensures contracts adhere to applicable standards, are internally consistent and appropriately cover the legal and risk considerations.
• Ensure that Information Security, Legal, Risk and Privacy process controls are met.
• Identify, communicate and escalate (as appropriate) contract issues and deviations from established contract guidelines.
• Review contracts within an average response time of three (3) days.
• Provide standard language and general guidance on contract terms and conditions.
• Lead vendor negotiations, with the assistance of SS&P and the business owner.
• Provide leadership and direction to staff in the structuring and drafting of contracts and contract redlines.
• Provide interpretation of contract terms and conditions to staff
Perform special projects, as assigned.
Procurement risk management:
• Reviews contracts to assess risk, making recommendations to Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, Legal, Business Owners and vendors for insurance requirements, indemnification, and limitation of liability provisions to ensure compliance with parameters established by Risk Management.
• Works with the Sourcing Associates, Legal, Business Owner, Risk Management and other stakeholders to appropriately elevate contract provisions that cannot be agreed upon with the vendor to proper CareFirst signatory authority.
• Examines, recommends, and negotiates risk and alternative risk control techniques to Risk Management in order to minimize contractual risks and assure corporate protection.
• Establish a system and track vendor COIs.
Required Knowledge/Experience: This position requires a Juris Doctorate or equivalent and a minimum of 3+ years of experience in corporate contracting.
• Must have contract preparation experience with a working knowledge of the Legal and Financial aspects of contracting.
• Demonstrated experience with contract drafting, contract terms and conditions and contract negotiations.
• Excellent project & time management skills including, but not limited to risk assessment, work plan development and management.
• Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
• Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
• Able to apply complex problem solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions. Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
• Flexibility and the ability to work under time constraints, adapt to shifting priorities, to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must exhibit computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• Good time management skills, high level of self-motivation, and attention to detail.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Knowledge of current technology trends and their impact on legal and risk requirements and industry best practices (e.g. cloud technology, data privacy, and IT security)
• Knowledge of the FAR/HIPPA/Medicare regulations.
• Knowledge of Ariba or similar procurement automation tools.
• Thorough understanding of property/casualty/professional liability insurance and risk management principles.
Procurement Contract Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/18/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship