Resp & Qualifications
Responsible for software tool administration for system and application monitoring tools with the company’s implementation of Nagios tool. Responsible for installation and configuration of different components of Nagios tool like XI, Fusion, Log Server. Configure Network Monitoring, Infrastructure/Server Monitoring (Linux, Windows, AIX), and Fusion. Configure centralized logging of all logs from different sources like WebSphere and IHS WebServers on AIX servers to Nagios Log server and provide Log monitoring. Experience with ELK Stack – Elasticsearch (search and analytics engine), Logstash (Elasticsearch), and Kibana (visualization and creating dashboards) is useful.
Working knowledge of other APM and monitoring tools like AppDynamics, DC RUM is desired. These tools are used to monitor applications and business transactions that impact the business and customers, currently. Responsibilities include script writing, installing, managing, and maintaining the monitoring tools, as needed, as well as integration with other tools and collaboration with other groups and their tools.
- Manages, configures and maintains the Nagios tool on Linux platform.
- Creates required dashboards with data visualizaiton.
- Responsible for Network Monitoring, Infrastructure/Server Monitoring (Linux, Windows, AIX), Application, SNMP and Log Monitoring.
- Configure centralized logging of all logs from different sources like WebSphere and IHS WebServers on AIX servers to Nagios Log server.
- Provides support to all significant production issues. Activities may include gathering information from a wide variety of sources across all platforms to analyze for correlations, identifying specific performance causes, recommending a variety of possible solutions to remedy issue and issue reports with key findings and next steps.
- Creates documentation to support the management and maintenance of Nagios tools.
- Provides training on tools and the associated processes and procedures.
- Analyzes tool data and usage. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detailed status reports regarding potential problems and concerns.
- Works with Systems and Application Architecture to ensure that systems monitoring requirements are addressed early in the development process. Coordinates with project teams to ensure that monitoring of new applications is available before release for production.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing business & system requirements and specifications for systems monitoring tool protocols and future tool usage.
- Managing APM tool AppDynamics on Linux platform.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communications skills and Hands on technical experience
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, forward-thinking
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem-solving.
- Enthusiasm to engage in continuous learning, internal drive, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn, and desire to help the customers succeed
- Strong technical skills and ability to work proactively
- Comfortable working under Project Manager supervision
Specific Required Skills:
- 5-8 years strong IT experience and good working knowledge of a variety of technology platforms in a distributed environment including: Microsoft systems (e.g. Windows 2012 and 2016 Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint), Linux/Unix, VMWare, SQL Server, database architectures, TCP/IP, VPNs, Mainframe, LAN/WAN technologies and architectures
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience installing, integrating, managing and maintaining monitoring tools like Nagios tool administration and support.
- Or similar experience with Experience with ELK Stack – Elasticsearch (search and analytics engine), Logstash (Elasticsearch), and Kibana (visualization and creating dashboards)
- Experience writing VuGen, shell, perl, WMI or VBS scripts
- Experience with SSL certs, encryption methods on Linux
- Experience in developing and implementing systems monitoring and alerting strategies in diverse, large-scale environments
- Experience developing and documenting processes, procedures, and policies for tool usage and integration
- Author tool maintenance and training documentation as well as support requests for training on tool usage
- Knowledge and experience with configuring alerts, dashboards and ad-hoc reports
- Strong understanding of service level management (SLAs, SLRs, etc)
- Determine and document tool backup and recovery procedures
- Experience with data management tools and databases (e.g., DB2, SQL -familiarity desired)
- Experience with WebSphere administration is desired.
- Experience in systems and Java applications performance tuning and optimization
- Understanding and experience with both waterfall and agile Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field (i.e., Engineering, Applied Science, Math, etc.) or equivalent experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/27/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship