Resp & Qualifications
This Broker Executive is responsible for renewing/growing a book business for the mid-market segment of 51-199 employee sized accounts. The Broker Executive’s primary responsibility is working with assigned Brokers and their teams to ensure that growth and retention contract goals are met, including the promotion of additional products/services to existing accounts. The Broker Executive will negotiate, act in a consultative role with brokers, and in many instances will work directly with a group to renew the group for CareFirst.
Accountabilities for the Broker Executive position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Account Renewal/Growth: Ensures market share growth in the 51-199 market segment by aggressively seeking to retain and grow assigned book of business through the development and implementation of sales and service strategies. Seeks to obtain new business within assigned book which includes the addition of Healthy Blue, BlueChoice Advantage, BluePreferred, Dental and Vision products; also responsible for quoting and selling self-funded products through NCAS to existing groups for retention purposes; incorporate non-health ancillary products including products through USAble Life company.
- Strategic Account Management: Strategically manages and maintains effective relationships with an external team of assigned Brokers to ensure market growth goals are met; ensures a strategic approach when working with producers and plan sponsors to maximize enrollment and service client needs (open enrolment etc.) This includes building/strengthening relationships with distribution network and accounts, communicating accurate and pertinent information, identifying training needs and facilitating the training agenda with the Broker team. Trains brokers in all of our product lines, pricing and reports. Strategic Account management includes the use of Data Informatics to analyze client specific information and interpret information and assist in the development of meaningful account strategy to address complex client needs.
- Project Management: Manages a team of sales support staff coordinating the account specific support required for effective service of clients for the Broker Executive’s book of business this includes the day to day management of activities, training, development, coaching and feedback required to ensure customer needs are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which include but are not limited to, developing budgets; projecting enrollment figures; strategic planning, establishing sales goals, serving on internal and external committees to represent the sales division and/or the corporation; and serving on community organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, health and life underwriters associations, the United Way, etc.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Provides direction and guidance to an external team of 2 or more full-service producers and/or general producers and 20-25 brokers. Internally manages one account service representative
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5-7 years sales experience or equivalent; 2-4 years sales experience in group indemnity and managed care health benefits is preferred. Prior management/supervisory experience preferred. An understanding of rating methodologies between fully insured and self-insured contracts, understanding of group health/life insurance and financial/funding mechanisms is required. An understanding of the broker/administrator system, compensation arrangements, and insurance, and general underwriting methodologies is required. Superior communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to build rapport and strong working relationships with both internal and external customers and to successfully interact with all levels of personnel, top brokers, administrators and accounts throughout the region. Excellent organizational skills are required. The incumbent must be able to sell through an intermediary and have the ability to negotiate and work independently to make decisions concerning contract sales and renewals. PC skills are needed.
A current health and life license for the appropriate jurisdictions(s) is required. A valid driver’s license and the ability to provide his/her own transportation is required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strategic ability and planning, analytical ability, problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to work and make decisions independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional presentation skills; ability to make persuasive presentations, exciting the customer with an enthusiastic presentation style, and the ability to demonstrate values by actively promoting products and services that are of value.
- Technical competence; knowledge of technology as it relates to the sales process. The ability to understand complex information clients require, and the technical prowess to seek, generate, or cultivate the information required by our customers to aid in the sales process.
- Commitment to building customer relationships, with the ability to demonstrate appropriate knowledge of company clients and customers and their needs and requirements; is continuously alert and responsive to changing customer needs, and formulates business strategies designed to enhance customer satisfaction, build relationships and product/service loyalty.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work with people at all levels of the organization horizontally and vertically and motivate people to take action.
- Knowledge of health care products, product implementation processes, information systems and planning.
- Knowledge of various PC and hand held applications with the ability to convert such applications into effective business tools.
- Knowledge of operational, broker accounting and sales processes as well as those utilized by contracted Broker Producers
Department: SM SBU Broker Renewal 51-199
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/31/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship