Resp & Qualifications
Under the general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or testing background and 6+ years of direct Business Analyst experience.
• Experience in business process analysis, Work flow, task analysis, user acceptance testing and requirements analysis.
• Proven ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
• Strong experience with user acceptance testing concepts.
• Proven ability to work well as a team.
• Demonstrated ability to lead problem solving business/technology teams and projects.
• Technical writing experience and training experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated successful use of SDLC methodology or demonstrated knowledge of business processes related to the business area supporting.
• Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Business Analysis Best Practices.
• Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests.
• Proven ability to lead problem-solving discussions.
• Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
• High level of analytical and problem solving skills
• Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Excel, VISIO and Power Point.
• Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: Functional Decomposition, Data Flow Diagrams, User Context Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Decision Needs, Workflow modeling, Use Cases, Use Case Model Survey and Use Case Specification, Process Modeling, Prototyping
• Demonstrated leadership skills. Experience with coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to associates as well as leading small teams of junior analysts.
• Knowledge of organization and operations of the business area supporting.
• Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
• Knowledge of the CareFirst Defined Processes.
• BA certification
• Experience with Requirements Management tools.
• Experience with healthcare insurance industry, especially BCBS plans.
• Experience with software testing, test management and defect tracking tools.
• Experience with configuring Workflow Management for Customer Service on COTS Products ( PEGA, ServiceNow, SalesForce etc.,)
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/08/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship