Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES ( Under the direction of, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of UNIX and MF environment along with tools such as HP Loadrunner/Performance Center and TeamQuest, Wily, or RUM
• Demonstrated experience in Profiling and Monitoring tools, Network monitoring/Server Administration.
• Demonstrated experience with high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
• Strong knowledge of performance concepts such as response time, throughput, system resource utilization
• Experience with server platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX and MF.
• Advanced experience with Statistical programming, such as SAS
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence.
• Ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
• Excellent project management skills coupled with the ability to monitor and guide the work of others
Education & Experience:
• 6 - 10 years of IT work experience including a minimum 3 years of experience in infrastructure/operations performance analyses in multi-platform environments; 4+ years of experience performing stress testing on large-scale, web applications
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience or specialized training) in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering, or related discipline.
• Advanced discipline specific training
• Major contributions advancing technology & delivering operational/customer service improvements
• Experience in IT operations – application, infrastructure, network, data center
• Solid understanding of networking and architectural frameworks and methodologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/07/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship