Resp & Qualifications
As a Senior Marketing Communication Writer, the associate will lead in the development of targeted communication materials, designed to advance or strategic sales position, written with strong clear copy. The individual will have the ability to develop marketing materials for both internal and external communications related to their market segments and products.
The associate will work with internal clients including segment leaders, Marketing, Legal, Contracting and Compliance, Operations, Enrollment and Billing, Mandates, and the Strategic Business Units. Associate is also responsible for interfacing with CareFirst Executive Leadership and writing all necessary marketing communications, including brochures, letters, emails, web content, sales flashes, inserts, trade show materials and promotional material. Associate will assist Marketing Communications Manager representing the unit in meetings and on projects as needed.
Associate must work independently and be able to manage and provide oversight for multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines, in order to impact sales which directly affect the success of CareFirst.
- Lead the writing of all marketing materials and necessary follow-up communications for the business segment and products assigned. Must be able to understand the needs of and write for multiple audiences – prospects, members, employer groups, brokers, Sales associates, and CareFirst associates.
- Conceptualize, write and edit marketing copy in a highly regulated marketplace and develop content for brochures, sales sheets, fact sheets, presentations, videos, member letters, employer letters, emails, web content, posters, signs, social media content and advertising – program ads, out-of-home, banner ads - while being the guardian of the brand personality.
- Study and understand and communicate regulations to ensure all copy is in compliance with the appropriate regulations and all facts are current. Research products and services to ensure copy and concepts are accurate and on-target for all assigned projects.
- Understand the power of copy and design working in tandem by partnering with Graphics on copy/design to execute approved communication plans. Create copy for all prospect/member points of contact (including solicitation, fulfillment, activation, renewal and upsells/cross-sells) while adhering to deadlines and copy requirements in a demanding environment.
- Present copy and concepts to internal clients, upper management and subject matter experts in meetings to gain approval. Participate in client meetings using brand knowledge and an understanding of the marketing objectives.
- Effectively write and edit clear, concise copy for publications and executive communications, including PowerPoint presentations and speeches.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales and other subject matter experts to capture the information needed to communicate to various audiences. Ensure all communications developed are thorough, accurate and timely.
- Interact with all levels of Marketing Communications, internal and external clients, and CareFirst support services (Legal, Operations, Mandates, etc.). Respond quickly to accurately incorporate/enhance copy comments and requested changes. Provide updates to Project Managers as required.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, research content and develop clear, concise, compelling copy based on agreed-upon strategy and concept.
- Candidate must have the ability to bring a sales perspective to materials.
- Collaborate with, oversee, implement and keep copy brand mandatories and consistencies in writing style.
- Support Communication Manager in corporate-wide initiatives, including attending project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met.
- In conjunction with the Strategic Communication Manager:
- Assist in the creation and execution of integrated, strategic, creative communication plans for company-wide and cross-functional initiatives.
- Think logically and strategically to advance the effectiveness of various communications vehicles in delivering and reinforcing company messages.
- Initiate ideas to enhance marketing any of our products, membership or insurance services.
- Support CareFirst’s e-Commerce initiative by incorporating day-to-day responsibilities into the e-commerce pipeline.
- Serve as a back-up to Sr. Project Manager/Project Manager when necessary.
- Take the initiative to keep abreast of the healthcare marketing industry, pertinent industry trends and competitive advertising and communication materials.
- Serve as a mentor to Marketing Communication Writers, contractors and interns to provide general training and feedback on marketing material development (copy and beyond) and review; website development and review; and other communications-related management tasks.
- Provide direction and motivation to multi-discipline team; work with Project Manager and team to set priorities and ensure proper communication across divisions; troubleshoot problems and resolve issues.
- A college degree in communications, journalism or a related field and a minimum of 7-10 years of professional writing experience with an emphasis in advertising marketing writing that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing compelling marketing content for a wide variety of media and content type (newsletters, brochures, web pages, videos, presentations, emails, proposals, etc)
- A proven track record of superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, creativity and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web, print and social media content
- A proven ability to write with varying tone and the ability to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is of interest to the reader
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines
- Ability to establish strong relationships across departments, and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities
- Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently in a fast-paced environment
Thorough understanding of individual marketing and sales strategies; ability to write for marketing communications, oral and presentation skills; ability to work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines.
In addition to the required qualifications, 2-3 years of sales and/or health insurance experience, a good understanding of health care trends and experience working with sales are preferred. An understanding of government regulations and experience dealing with government regulations is also preferred.
Advertising, Brand & Marketing
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/24/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Travel between the Owings Mills, Canton and Washington, D.C. based offices will be required on occasion.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship