Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Manager, Procurement Operations, this position will be responsible for the expansion and administration of the Diversified Supplier Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supplier Diversity Program Development and Expansion
• Identify strategies to build and improve the Diversified Supplier pipeline.
• Collaborates with the SS&P team to identify opportunities to expand the Diversified Supplier stable.
• Proactively identify and cultivate relationships with additional Diversified Suppliers to participate in upcoming opportunities to do business with CareFirst.
• Ensures registration of potential suppliers into Ariba Supplier Information Module.
• Routinely meets with and validate certification of potential and current supplier.
• Represents CareFirst at Diversity events and meetings.
• Serves as the liaison to, and regularly meets with CareFirst’s clients Diversified Supplier representatives.
Supplier Diversity Program Proposal Response and Reporting
• Evaluates contract requirements against the Diversified Supplier portfolio, independently determines the company’s ability to meet the identified RFP goals given the supplier base.
• Responds to the supplier section of proposals as requested by the CareFirst Sales Team.
• Notifies CareFirst’s clients of changes to suppliers participating in our program.
• Develops, tracks, analyzes and reports on metrics of Diversified Program overall performance that demonstrates that value is delivered, and contract obligations are met.
• Prepares and/or oversees the submission in preparing monthly, quarterly, yearly, and ad hoc corporate, State, Local, and Federal reporting requirements.
Training and Support
• Develops and delivers training materials on the Diversified Supplier Program for the Sourcing Team, Internal Stakeholders and Suppliers.
• Provides guidance on potential Diversified Suppliers to consider in RFPs
• Mentors SS&P associates, Internal Stakeholders and Suppliers.
• Develops and updates the process manual and guides to keep the process current.
• Identifies, recommends and implements continuous process improvements.
Required Knowledge/Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years’ experience related to the administration of a diversified supplier program and reporting. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 4 years of related experience is required.
• Knowledge of proposal drafting.
• Familiarity with Diversified Program requirements and participants.
• Advanced excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Knowledge of the development and delivery of training.
• Knowledge of standard procurement procedures, business practices and terminology.
• Knowledge of audit controls and practices.
• Knowledge of the SAP Ariba and Oracle Financial reporting.
• Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, workplan development and management.
• Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
• Effective presentation skills to interface with various levels of the sourcing team, business units, management, suppliers and clients.
• Able to apply complex problem-solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions.
• Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
• Flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/28/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
• The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship