Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Manager, Procurement Operations, this position will be responsible for: (i) creating and generating reports revolving around the supplier life cycle; (ii) leading meetings with key stakeholders involved in the procurement process; (iii) implementation of the strategic processes, operations and planning function to facilitate improved cycle time in the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P) department, including assessing, recommending, developing, implementing and maintaining process improvements, data reporting and monitoring programs, and training programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Procurement Project Planning, Tracking, Prioritization and Expediting
- Creates, generates and distributes reports to support improved sourcing project delivery and metric reporting.
- Organizes and leads meetings with process stakeholders to support planning, tracking and prioritization of procurement projects.
- Develops and maintains the master schedule of reports encompassing the entire supplier life cycle, including current and completed procurement projects and upcoming renewals.
- Monitors and reports on system patches and updates that may impact or benefit the organization.
- Develops and maintains the Ariba source to pay system activity reporting; providing accurate and timely data as needed.
Supplier Diversity Program
- Tracks, analyzes and reports on appropriate metrics of Diversified Supplier Program performance to demonstrates the value is being delivered and contract obligations are met.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparing monthly, quarterly, yearly, and ad hoc corporate, State, Local, and Federal reporting requirements.
- Pro-actively investigates and determines the integrity of the system/data within source to pay procurement system to ensure proper functioning of the system and the accuracy of reports.
- Verifies data entered into the Ariba system against contractual documents.
- Works with the SS&P team to collect, maintain and validate the data within the Source to Pay System.
- Monitors adherence to corporate policies for contracting and approval.
- Reviews requests from audit and provides requested information to audit.
Training and Support
- Develops training materials on the Source to Pay process, Ariba Source to Pay system, and any other tools utilized to support the Source to Pay process.
- Delivers training to SS&P associates, business owners, and other internal and external stakeholders during individual, small group and large group sessions.
- Provides guidance to and mentors SS&P associates, business owners, and other internal and external stakeholders during individual, small group and large group sessions.
- Ensures current templates, process and resource documentation is in place for all SS&P associates to use.
- Develops and updates the process manual and guides to keep the process current. Identifies, recommends and implements continuous process improvements of the Ariba source to pay system.
Required Knowledge/Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3-5 years’ experience in procurement operations with a focus on reporting, data analytics, data integrity, and training development and delivery experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of excel and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of Ariba reporting and report creation.
- Knowledge of standard procurement procedures and business practices and terminology.
- Knowledge of audit controls and practices.
- Knowledge of the SAP Ariba system administration role.
- Knowledge of the development of training materials.
- Experience with training development and delivery.
- Prior Ariba reporting experience.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations to prioritize and mitigate issues. and knowledge of the process.
- Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
- Comfort/Proficiency with presentations and communications to interface with various levels of within the organization and outside organizations.
- Able to apply complex problem-solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions.
- Able to apply knowledge to different scenarios.
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
- Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, workplan development and management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/28/2019
Please apply before: 11/28/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship