Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The External Labor Oversight Manager is responsible for collaborating and participating with Care First (CF) External Labor management in the oversight of contingent workers and consultant processes. This position reports to the Senior Director of Finance and Contracts. The External Labor Oversight Manager is responsible for managing a team that supports and facilitates CareFirst (CF) workforce strategy. The manager is responsible for the oversight of CareFirst activities for contingent workers and consultants to ensure contractual compliance. This manager is the liaison with CareFirst External Labor team to oversee CW sourcing activity; this includes management of contracts and spending limits, improve reporting, analysis and vendor payment activities. The manager is responsible for monitoring the staff augmentation vendors spend against the established cap, reporting on spend, and forecasting spend to determine when actual spend is at risk of going over existing cap.
- The manager is responsible for conducting research, analysis and evaluation of information pertaining to a variety of work force and strategic planning activities that impact initiatives and resources to include workload supply and demand analysis. Applying a wide range of analytic methods and techniques to study and conduct human capital planning. Identifying current and future work requirements, and workloads for Baseline and SOW projects. Partnership with CF Workforce Planning & Talent Acquisition Teams to participate in strategic workforce planning projects of major significance that integrate workforce analysis, forecast, and operational performance results.
- In addition, this position works with CF External Labor and Human Resources to facilitate the On Boarding / Off Boarding of contingent workers, consultants and FTEs. The manager is also responsible for assisting with the overall resource staffing level, reporting and partnering with the facilities manager to forecast seating needs.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general supervision of a Director, the manager’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with CF External Labor management to assist with the design, plan, coordination, and supervise activities, techniques, tactics, methods and tools related to ensuring effectiveness of management staff and workforce engagement and productivity.
- Responsible for oversight of the vendor caps and management of vendor spend against the caps; this includes actual spend against forecasted spend. Collaborates with CF to resolve payment processing issues within CF vendor management tool.
- Collaborates with CF External Labor management to analyze the current On Boarding Process to make recommendation to streamline current process, support resource forecasting activities, which includes FTE/CW mix and support reorganizations. Oversees, and manages associate and contractor resourced projects to improve staff on / off boarding processes.
- In conjunction with CF External Labor management, works with line management, risk management, human resource management, staff augmentation vendors, senior leadership and associates to understand current workforce landscape, future needs, and strategic options in crafting multi-year workforce sourcing, development, and engagement strategies, tactics, and plans. Creates, develops and maintains workforce designations, mapping, metrics and monitoring function to leverage available; workforce engagement and productivity; and long term workforce viability to meet annual and multi-annual objectives and workforce evolution goals.
- In collaboration with CF External Labor management, establishes and enforces continuous process improvement practices through the use of concepts such as Knowledge Management, Root-Cause-Analysis, and performance metrics. Researches technical, business and theoretical developments in the field to ensure that customers are receiving the most effective support to meet their business objectives. Responsible for overall staff planning and management and partnering with other finance managers to improve reporting and the process for requesting PCNs and Cost Centers.
- Oversees and collaborates with CF External Labor to execute the staff augmentation agreements to support the annual plan and budget and multi-year technology and business offering road maps.
- Collaborates with CF External Labor to negotiate the multi-year staff augmentation contracts requiring OPM approval; assist with the vetting and selection of staff augmentation IT and business vendors; assist with the oversight and management of the contractor sourcing process for FEP Operations Center; assist with the management and the evaluation process of IT and business consultants and temporary staff; manages and participates with CF in the oversight of the performance for staff augmentation vendors in sourcing and responding to needs.
- Evaluates performance of each team member, generates development plans and sets goals within the context of the corporate policy. Must also motivate, coach, counsel and develop team members within the context of the corporate policies and manages the team’s budget. Ensures that staff has appropriate tools and training.
- The manager also communicates with key stakeholders and suppliers such as other Corporate departments, Human Resources liaison, Finance, IT personnel, as well as vendors, consultants, auditors, and the FEP Director’s Office (FEPDO) to coordinate and implement workforce strategy and development. Attend management sessions to ensure that the team’s operation and long-range goals are coordinated within the larger framework of department, divisional and corporate initiatives. Works with CF External Labor management to establish and enforce service levels agreements (SLAs) to assist with problem resolution expectations and timeframes. Collaborates with CF External Labor to oversee the activities of outside contractors engaged in application support and/or development activities.
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of progressive leadership experience. Proven ability to budget, proactively forecast and identify risks associated with organize and manage teams. Must be able to teach, develop, and motivate associates. At least 5 years of staff and/or contractor management experience. Proven expertise in working with executive and senior leadership to influence, develop, execute and manage corporate programs. Ability to manage and influence at all levels without direct accountability to achieve results.
Abilities/Skills: Prior experience with technologies or systems related to the department’s core activities. Must have excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and analytical, and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to negotiate and manage customer and vendor relationships and expectations. Must have financial experience in management in creating budgets, forecasting and managing actual spend against the budget, financial reporting / analysis and identifying financial risks. Experience in collaborative team leadership.
Preferred: Broad knowledge of technology consulting organization, environment, methods and practices. Experience with design and creation of workforce development, engagement and monitoring programs selection, and customization, and implementation of workforce assessment theories and tools. Extensive Personal Computer (PC) skills including Microsoft Office software such as Word, EXCEL, MS Project and PowerPoint are preferred. Understanding of and experience in roles within IT environments. Experience related to vendor and or workforce management in an IT environment, OR equivalent work experience. Experiences with specific functionaries such as contractor management, vendor management, and organizational workforce strategy development. Experience with large-scale workforce programs in the design, implementation, execution and monitoring stages, preferably in all phases of the program development life cycle.
Procurement & Asset Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/29/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. The functions of this position may also require physical activity such as bending, stooping and kneeling, as well as lifting equipment of weights up to 50 lbs. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship