Resp & Qualifications
The Customer Experience Strategist is responsible for planning, facilitating and executing human-centered design processes across multiple projects. This role is responsible for capturing the voice of the customer and working cross-functionally to deliver meaningful and diverse customer experiences. He or she must be a relentless champion of insights-driven strategy, evidence-based decision making, and continuous innovation. The Customer Experience Strategist delivers powerful stories through complex data. Generates deep insight into the needs, motivations, passions, and challenges in the lives of our customers by translating the information into strategies that elicit valuable customer behaviors. The successful candidate will be an advocate for the customer and will take a goal-first and mission-first approach when considering new ideas, products and strategies.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager, Customer Experience Strategy job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Human-Centered Design Process Activities
- Conducts/gather/defines preparatory research to understand needs of customers
- Has ability to conduct HCD research plans, which could include interview guides, participant observation, information-gathering tools, immersive research, SME conversations, surveys, and more
- Develops personas, journey maps and leads others through the development of solution seeking “How Might We…” statements
- Designs and facilitates ideation sessions with a variety of stakeholders, including future-state journey mapping, card sets, brainstorm sketching, paper prototypes, etc.
- Facilitates development of prototypes, using feedback from users and the cross-functional team, which may include: storyboarding, service blueprinting, digital wireframes, etc.
- Captures insights and data and rapidly make decisions, mid-design sprint, supporting decisions via the data
- Creates business cases and executive-level presentations to move from prototype to pilot or scale
- Creates implementation guidelines and transition plan to product owner
- Stays current with and ensures alignment with marketplace trends / innovations within the industry and across other industries
- Identifies known and unknown customer needs through data interrogation, primary and secondary research, and competitive intelligence. Must also be customer-empathetic to translate these needs into product specifications.
- Creates and deploys conceptual frameworks to structure consumer insights into action; as a result, demonstrates a high level of analytical rigor in formulation of recommendations.
- Examines potential ideas and evaluates them against corporate goals.
- Prepares business partners to accept that failure is a necessary part of innovation.
- Talks with others to gain new insight and see opportunities from a different perspective.
- Illustrates the vision for the product through product roadmap creation – to include identifying the problem the product will solve for, how the product relates to the company mission or goal, define the measurable objectives and create and internally market the business case for the new product.
- Plans product solutions that describe the ideal users that represent the target needs.
- Assesses trends, technologies, vendors and potential partnerships
Collaboration with Business Partners
- Works with business teams to understand current challenges and goals, and align with (Customer experience) CX strategy and objectives
- Champions implementation of CX strategy objectives and a customer-focused culture across the organization
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights team on collection of consumer trends, competitive insights, industry updates and sales reports.
- Builds consensus with teammates across the organization and gives clear direction during cross-functional collaboration. Motivates teammates to build trusting, cross-functional relationships.
- Designs, develops and facilitates ideation sessions with leadership and teams across the organization to ensure customer-focus and integration into their business strategies and objectives
- Creates regular check points with cross-functional partners to share progress on new product development and CX strategy work including results of in-market scans, industry wide-trends analysis, best practiced evaluation, and market feedback to inform a standardized strategy document that articulates the recommendation and supporting information.
- Develops a high degree of trust and accountability with key internal clients and stakeholders
Advocate for Customer Needs
- Leads associate-engagement strategies, including building empathy for the customer across the organization
- Acts as the voice of customer– ensuring our customers’ needs are present in every discussion and project
- Champions usage of multiples sources of customer insights, including VOC, analytics, direct customer research, HCD sessions, and customer journey mapping.
- Develops and presents the business case for new products or solutions at all levels of the organization, from Board and C-Suite to individual contributors
- Considers future scenarios, opportunities and risks to create action plans that align with business goals and corporate strategic vision. Ensures recommendations highlight CX impact and why product features/requirements are necessary.
- Provides thought leadership and vision to connect voice of the customer insights, journey maps, personas and opportunities to partner teams in support of brand and tactical performance.
- Develops an environment of best practice sharing and consistency across the company, specifically in use of Human Centered Design tools and CX resources.
Accountability--Definition of Expected Outcomes
- Ensures there is a tracking mechanism in place to demonstrate the success or failure of the initiatives launched.
- Responsible for driving product and solution innovation across the company.
- Acts as project manager --lending support when needed.
- Takes ownership of team results by quantifying and qualifying team contributions at product and organizational levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, Design Strategy, or equivalent related work experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated product management, marketing strategy, design strategy and/or progressive marketing project management experience.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business, Design Strategy, or Related Field
Abilities and Skills:
- Executive presence: can quickly establish credibility with and influence Leadership level teams
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams through the entirety of the human-centered design process
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about issues impacting an entire portfolio or business unit
- Strong knowledge of primary research approaches including quantitative and qualitative market research
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative business relationships
- Possessing an entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity, and passionate about innovation
- Proven ability to think critically as well as creatively while managing internal customers, complex projects and driving business requirements and customer expectations
- Excellent Microsoft and/or Adobe Suite skills
Department: Customer Experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/30/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship