Resp & Qualifications
CareFirst is seeking a Copy Supervisor with outstanding people skills and extensive experience in the creation of effective marketing solutions. As a member of the Marketing Department, this person leads the architecture, curation and advocacy of CareFirst’s voice and tone. The Copy Supervisor will own our messaging strategy across customer touchpoints and experiences, and through marketing communications channels and mediums (print, web, social, video, audio, etc.).
The ideal candidate is a master of various writing styles and proficient in the development of smart, consumer-centric solutions that integrate a range of creative disciplines. The Copy Supervisor will seek to discover new opportunities to help our internal clients succeed—looking at every project for ways to innovate, delight and bring the brand to life. This person must be highly organized with an affinity for brand consistency.
The Copy Supervisor provides direction, support and inspiration to the Creative Team, and leads a team of copywriters in the development of written communications. S/he has solid presentation skills and can sell work to internal stakeholders. Collaboration among Marketing colleagues as well as with internal business stakeholders will be critical to the success of this role. Special consideration will be given to individuals with an understanding of health care insurance industry and experience working in a corporate creative services department.
• Executes clear and effective communication across multiple channels.
• Writes with dexterity, clarity and proficiency using diverse copy styles across a range of assignments.
• Brings fresh, creative thinking to all services CareFirst offers to their internal and external clients with consistent attention to brand voice and tone.
• Works collaboratively with creative team members (writers, designers, developers, video producers/editors) as well as strategists, analysts and subject matter experts, to conceptualize, communicate and achieve campaign objectives.
• Analyzes problems, anticipates consequences and eliminates obstacles to successfully complete projects.
• Develops a deep understanding of CareFirst’s brand and our customers’ needs, crafting messages that are relevant and clear.
• Responsible for creating and enforcing the overall brand voice and tone of the CareFirst brand message consistently across all channels.
• Ensures consistency of voice in all communications and accountable for copy and narrative across all channels.
• Works closely with Brand and Product teams to ensure they are well versed in the strategy and point of view of all communication.
• Develops language that is clear and concise for all audiences (B2B, B2C and H2H).
• Crafts messages that ensure understanding and drive engagement.
• Defines the evolving vision for the copy team.
• Leads, coaches and mentors creative team members including associates, contractors and vendors.
• Directs multi-disciplinary project teams and activities in the creation of a range of campaigns, projects and communications.
• Provides creative direction and quality control over concepts and execution.
• Shares critical information with everyone involved in a project to produce more effective creative solutions.
• Works in partnership within the Marketing team and across the organization.
• Finds common ground with clients when developing creative or strategic opinions.
• Builds strong relationships with internal clients; perceived as a credible and trusted advisor.
• Partners with clients to achieve effective outcomes in an efficient manner.
• Works with clients to articulate creative needs concisely and completely.
• Appropriately balances client needs, business requirements and marketing strategies.
• Manages 3+ FTEs as well as contractors, interns, and creative vendors and partners.
• Oversight of all content creation for all platforms (digital and print) and audiences (members, prospects, brokers, accounts, community, etc.).
• Works within all levels of the organization to execute the tone and voice in all communications.
• A BS/BA degree or greater in communications, public relations, journalism, business, marketing, or related field or equivalent years of work experience.
• 5+ years of copywriting experience within a creative or digital agency.
• 2+ years of experience supervising a creative team including copywriters.
• Extensive portfolio to represent writing skills, with an emphasis in brand voice and tone, multi-channel marketing communications and advertising campaigns.
• Expert written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Experience with the Adobe Suite of design and production tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Premiere, etc.) and other related applications.
• Knowledge and understanding of audio/video production, web design/development print production and workflow.
• Highly flexible and adaptable in writing styles and format, crafting both short-, medium- and long-form content, audio/video scripts and treatments, as well as personalized communications.
• Strong design thinking skills with a relevant creative point of view and the ability to convey concepts and design choices to a larger audience interacting, communicating and present ideas effectively while being receptive to feedback from others.
• Solid understanding of creative development process – from concept to execution.
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
• Ability to balance the day-to-day requests of both internal and external clients ensuring all timelines and requirements are consistently achieved.
• Ability to collect multiple input sources and turn learning into actionable insights that directly lead to new concept creation, enhanced consumer experiences, and long-term innovation.
• Ability to oversee, mentor, and inspire fellow creative team members and other co-workers.
• 3+ years of supervisory experience highly desired.
• Experience working within an agile team is a plus.
Department: Advertising, Brand and Marketing
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2/8/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship