Resp & Qualifications
HRBPs provide a broad range of strategic HR services to leaders within the business areas they support. They work in partnership with executives to address operational, talent, and talent lifecycle–related issues, including change management, organizational development, culture, employee relations, workforce planning, talent growth, development, and coaching. HRBPs proactively translate the group’s business strategies into HR solutions that best enable the team to meet its strategic objectives.
HRBPs are extended members of and advisors to the executive leadership team. Successful HRBPs possess a deep understanding of the business model, diagnose organizational needs, connect and deploy team capabilities, and consult with client groups on operational strategies to improve business performance through people.
This role leads companywide programs and initiatives, champions the organization’s culture, and develops practical local solutions to achieve business objectives. HRBPs are also responsible for coaching leaders to enhance their people-leadership capabilities. A key requirement of this role is the ability to use analytical tools to inform business decisions. In addition, HRBPs ensure the quality of HR service delivery through effective collaboration with HR operational services (shared services).
- Designs approaches to improve organizational, operational, and people strategies. Customizes HR, talent management, and operational solutions to address specific business imperatives to positively impact operational performance.
- Identifies critical gaps in operational and organizational capabilities and design as well as opportunities in the marketplace that enable the company to capitalize on new business partnerships.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative, credible, trusting partnerships with individuals across a broad range of people and groups, both internal and external.
- Draws upon other HR groups (HR operational services) to deliver required expertise, resources, and services to drive customer / organizational imperatives.
- Understands business objectives and needs and connect teams to the right individuals, business strategies, HR strategies, practices, and solutions.
- Uses data analytics and reporting to advise and guide senior executives for effective and insightful decision-making. Distills complex information into key insights, clear recommendations, and action plans.
- Leads challenging conversations and interactions.
- Coaches and develops leaders and managers to deliver people-management capabilities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated capability in providing thought leadership. Effectively articulates a point of view and communicates information that is relevant to the business.
- Customer-focused, results-oriented. Collaboratively works toward solutions. Readily establishes credibility with others.
- Strong business-fluency skills—operational knowledge, industry awareness, and financial acumen.
- Exceptionally strong consulting and coaching skills.
- Self-starter with superb attention to detail. Superior organizational skills, integrity, and ability to follow up and complete tasks. Superior project management skills.
- Easygoing demeanor and the ability to handle ambiguity.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal labor laws.
- Naturally curious, innovative, and creative. Strives for continuous improvement in process and learning.
- Extracts insight from data analysis and translates the impact of HR and operational solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate organizational complexity and manage complex talent issues in a diverse business environment on a global scale.
Qualifications, Experience, and Education
- Four-year degree in HR management, organizational development, or business- related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten years of progressive HR experience, with at least five as an HRBP or eight years of industry or operational experience.
Customers / Interactions
- Ability to support customers in multiple locations.
- Experience with acquisition due diligence and company integrations preferred.
- Experience with a company that uses a shared services / specialist model for HR management.
Certifications and Licenses
- PHR / SPHR certification or other evidence of basic knowledge in the theory and practice of HR preferred.
- General office demands. Requires less than 20% travel within CareFirst region.
Human Resources - Associate Relations
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2/15/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship