Resp & Qualifications
Under the general supervision of a Director, Manager, or Supervisor, the Senior Systems Analyst’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provides systems analysis guidance and consultation on moderately complex systems. Participates in the analysis of existing business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology. Leads effort to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate technical requirements for moderately complex changes to information systems, acting as a liaison between Business Analysts and IT technical team. Leads technical requirements analysis and verification sessions for moderately complex projects. Participates in the moderately complex business/user/functional requirements analysis, verification and prioritization sessions. Accountable for validating these to meet IT intake criteria. Develops sizing estimates for project requests and determines feasibility of implementing new systems or modifying existing systems. Collaborates with other IT staff to provide alternative system solutions that will meet client’s requirements while minimizing development and maintenance costs.
2. Documents system requirements and oversees documentation of technical solution for moderately complex systems. Supports the development of technical specifications and provides ongoing assistance and consultation to software developers and software testing engineers to resolve problems to ensure that the applications software meets the client’s requirements. Supports the creation of a refined Project Requirements Document. Coordinates with other IT staff to maintain systems in accordance with priorities and scheduled target dates. Reviews and analyzes moderately complex business, user, functional and non-functional requirements and other related requirements artifacts to determine technical solution alternatives. Coordinates with Business Analysts to ensure traceability of technical solution to defined requirements. Manages, tracks, and communicates status of technical requirements documentation. Manages changes to baseline technical requirements documentation. Works closely with Application Developers to assist in the development of proofs of concept and alternative solutions to create, maintain and enhance business value. Educates Business Analysts and stakeholders about the underlying capabilities of the technology stack.
3. Provides ongoing client support for system questions and problems; serves as subject matter expert for designated systems; analyzes and researches moderately complex system problems, coordinating with vendors and other parties as necessary, and tracks them to resolution; develops, documents, and communicates alternative workarounds for system defects until system solutions can be implemented. Supports the installation of software releases, including critical and emergency installs. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve moderately complex defects during the development and testing process. As needed, develops and executes test plans and documents test results. Tracks and manages open technical solution issues and plans for their resolution.
4. Performs team administrative duties including status reporting. Develops project management and analytical skills and increases applications and technical knowledge. Obtains a high level of technical and business knowledge. Develops a solid understanding of emerging technologies and how they may be leveraged to advance CareFirst’s strategies, goals, and objectives.
Required Experience, Abilities & Skills:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in systems analysis/design and 3-6 years of direct Systems Analyst experience.
• Understanding of business processes related to systems supported. Recognized as true systems subject matter expert ( e.g., Pega, Facets, etc. )
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with current relevant technologies used in the development, implementation, and support of software solutions. (e.g.., Pega, Tibco, Amberpoint, Webservices, XML, Cobol, JCL, Easytrieve, SQL, MQ Series, Java, C++, etc)
• Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: State Diagrams, System Context Diagrams, User Interface Prototype, Activity Diagram, Workflow Diagrams, External Interface Diagrams, Dataflow Diagrams.
• Experience with moderately complex systems projects. Includes demonstrated experience with development of technical solutions and technical specification documentation. Demonstrated ability to lead projects with limited prior system/business knowledge of affected system.
• Demonstrated leadership skills. Experience with coaching/mentoring other associates.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Experience in systems design with working knowledge of multiple formalized DBMSs
• Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point, , and Excel.
• Experience with MS Visio or other process / flow charting tool.
• Basic understanding of systems solution architecture and data architecture processes and practices.
• Basic understanding of system project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Traditional/Waterfall vs Iterative) and software process improvement (SPI) best practices.
• Experience with the health insurance industry, especially with BCBS plans. Experience with Facets and ND50 Group preferred.
• Experience with CareFirst business analysis and requirements (business, user, and technical – functional/non-functional) development and management) processes and tools.
• Experience with project management software.
• Experience with systems development, implementation, and maintenance,
• Experience with software testing and/or defect tracking and testing tools.
• Experience with relational databases, to include development of queries and reports.
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP).
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2/13/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship