Resp & Qualifications
Works with Project Managers and Sr. Project Managers to oversee activities related to project management including: coordinating with all functional areas, create detailed work plans and timelines, implementation and post implementation follow-up and monitoring. The projects are tracked in a project work plan, with clearly defined deliverables, dates and accountable personnel, which identifies the steps necessary to implement successfully. In addition, coordinates and facilitates cross-divisional projects and acts as a liaison to communicate activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the management of projects including monitoring progress, serving as a resource to management regarding the project, preparing documentation for appropriate management, executive staff and various committees. Preparing staff updates as required for various committees and various levels of management. Assisting the management with the project work (task sequencing, milestones, risk and contingencies) to ensure that the project is launched on time and within time constraints. Reviews detailed plans to ensure that the implementation meets defined expectations and are in accordance with overall goals.
- Participates as a team member of a multi-disciplinary project team. Works with a team of managers and analysts to set priorities and ensure proper communication across divisions. Troubleshoots problems and resolves issues.
- Assists in the communication across all areas to ensure effective and efficient goals, scope, progress and completion of projects.
- Ensure documentation is developed and maintained to support progress of project. Drives the development of workflow process to manage the impact of various projects on multi-departmental workforces and their daily activities. Oversees daily, weekly and quarterly progress updates of all projects and data when necessary.
Qualifications and Rquirements:
- This position requires a four-year degree in a business or related area and/or equivalent work experience with 1-3 years project management experience.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under time constraints, adapt to shifting priorities, to work independently as well as part of a team are required.
- This position requires excellent project management skills including but not limited to cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, work plan development and management. The incumbent must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to synthesize information quickly. The incumbent must have excellent analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills. The incumbent must have effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface withal levels of management. The incumbent must be able to apply complex problem solving abilities to achieve problem and process solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2/21/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship