Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Business Line Communications Director, this associate will be charged to provide strategic oversight and direction in support of various communication needs which may be anticipated (i.e. product/program launch) or unplanned. This associate will develop communication strategies using a variety of communication channels to reach and influence CareFirst’s target audiences such as prospects, members, employer groups, brokers, sales and service associates. The associate is the primary lead for developing strategic communication plans in support of special projects and corporate or divisional initiatives.
As the Communications Consultant, the associate will partner with the Business, which may be internal to Marketing or external with other CareFirst divisions, in developing and documenting strategy for communication efforts. This associate will manage the creative development of all related collateral and maintain decision-making responsibility on initiatives relating to the development of all content for their product/segment/project.
The associate will manage Marketing Communications efforts across target audiences, including but not limited to: prospects, members, employer groups and brokers. The associate will coordinate activities with internal clients and act as liaison with external agencies, vendors and business partners. Associate is also responsible for representing the department with CareFirst management and developing all necessary communications for their product/segment/project.
Associate must work independently and be able to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines, to support the growth and success of CareFirst.
• Maintain deep knowledge of the communication problem or opportunity; including but not limited to:
o Business objectives, such as enrollment or engagement goals
o Target audiences
o Competitive landscape
• Lead, create and execute integrated, strategic, creative communication plans for product and segment initiatives.
• Direct all support resources when needed, including Marketing Communications, Strategic Research, Legal and Compliance, to ensure successful implementation of strategies developed.
• Attend project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met according to timelines and budgets.
• Gather relevant market research and competitive intelligence data to support strategies developed.
• Think logically and strategically to advance the effectiveness of various communication vehicles in delivering and reinforcing company messages.
• Coordinate product launches, exhibits and meetings to ensure optimum benefit from communication and promotion initiatives through prudent use of CareFirst resources
• Participate in the creative process for a variety of CareFirst’s marketing campaigns and initiatives
• Lead the strategic planning and development of all marketing materials and necessary follow-up communications for the product/segment/project.
• Manage creative development of sales and marketing collateral.
• Work with internal associates and/or external clients to develop marketing materials to support and adhere to CareFirst’s corporate goals, strategy and brand image.
• Coordinate research and evaluation to assess effectiveness of promotional campaigns and to identify innovative solutions and corrective measures.
• Develop and implement methods to track effectiveness of all communication.
• Refine strategies and tactics based on tracking results
• Report tracking results to senior management and peers to educate and persuade.
• A college degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 5-7 years of professional, strategic communications experience.
• A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable working with leaders at all levels.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
• A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web and print content.
• A proven ability to write with varying tone and the ability to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is of interest to the reader.
• A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often tight deadlines
• Ability to establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities
• A general understanding of design, print production and digital communications.
• Exceptional oral and presentation skills
• Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently.
• A creative thinker who embraces and drives change.
Thorough understanding of individual marketing and sales strategies; strong understanding of electronic communications, promotions; ability to write for marketing communications, oral and presentation skills; ability to lead a team and work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines.
In addition to the required qualifications, 2-3 years of sales and/or health insurance experience, a good understanding of health care trends and experience working with sales are preferred. An understanding of government regulations and experience dealing with government regulations is also preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 2/22/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship