Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Provide the direction, guidance & leadership to the team of business stakeholders; IT partners and when appropriate Product Owners who are leading the efforts to define Product Backlogs for transformational digital products at the enterprise level. This position is accountable for the success of the product(s) under their purview. Lead Product Owner works directly with the Product Director, Digital to understand and execute on a program vision and strategic roadmap, and with stakeholders, business owners, and sponsors to define high level business requirements that will help the team achieve that vision.
Under the general direction of the Product Director, Digital Products the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide the direction, guidance & leadership to the team of stakeholders which in include Business Stakeholders; Business Analysts and other stakeholders. Sets the strategy and agile execution approach for defining the Product Backlogs. Lead Product Owner works directly with the with business sponsor level to define the high-level business requirements as per the established strategic roadmap. Engages the leadership level Business stakeholders, relevant Product Owners, Architects and technical SMEs and other team members to discuss the technical feasibility of business asks and come up with high level solution. Works with multiple business owner group to define the Epics and features for the products and add them to the Product Backlogs. Works with business owner to determine priority for the Epics and Features. Provides direction and support to technical delivery team to define the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) and Minimum Marketable Functionality (MMF).
- Sets strategy and direction for Product Backlog Refinement sessions with team to ensure business level. Provides guidance and necessary inputs from business perspective to the scrum teams during the grooming sessions. Lead Product Owner assists with communicating the technical challenges/hurdles to business owner and help resolve the issues related to business. Follows the Agile playbook and process at CAREFIRST to support agile delivery. Conducts the Release planning sessions with business owners and technical delivery partners to understand the business priorities for the upcoming release/iteration. Plan and conduct the release planning sessions with the internal scrums teams to share the roadmap and business priorities for the upcoming release/iteration . Participates in daily scrum stand-ups as required/time permits, as well as retrospectives, product demonstrations and other scrum ceremonies. Provides inputs to business owner in defining the strategic business roadmap to achieve the program vision. Needs to be very familiar with digital products and be able to demonstrate product capabilities for internal and external audiences.
- Responsible for backlog development to roadmap strategy value realization. Manages the escalation on capability trade-offs across the backlog and how that affect the overall product roadmap. Ensures that the coordination of work across individual Agile teams in the bac. Assists in the development of the product experience roadmap and the strategy for capability identification to realize business value. Aids the Product Director, Digital Products with strategic business stakeholders engagement with how t as-need basis to educate,
- Support culture change to improve delivery agility. Support on boarding of the new members of the product owners and business analysts. Provides supportive coaching to team members who are new to Scrum and Agile practices. Supports Team building and Team development by fully utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals and fostering a feedback culture. Provides input to support/improve Agile delivery and champions Agile process improvement initiatives based on team/external feedback.
This position requires minimal “on call” for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required. Travel between CareFirst locations and client offices may be required. This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required. Overall 10+ years of IT and business experience in planning, Business Analysis, System Analysis, Technical design/development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Six years of previous Product Owner experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is required.
- Understanding of Web & Mobile e-commerce and shopping principles, optimal web shopping user experiences and modelling along with value-based user story development
- Demonstrated experience as a Product owner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Hands on experience with Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc.
- Demonstrable business and industry knowledge to understand the product needs of the future and influence all stakeholders to prioritize them.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
- The ability to discover the potential business and product opportunities
- Experience with product roadmaps development, and influencing key stake holders on business priorities
- Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum.
- Support product evolution by engaging all stakeholders and sponsors, documentation of future state requirements, development of a Product vision/roadmap for the future and aligning stakeholders on the path ahead.
- Candidates should have proven product leadership experience with multiple medium, large and enterprise wide projects and programs. Experience working directly with clients and scrum teams in implementing the production backlog. Ability to take and defend decisions and provide guidance to the scrum teams. Ability to articulate the business vision and requirements to the technical teams to come up with high level solutions. Experience with contributing new product ideas to the business stakeholders at various forums using the tools like presentations, product demonstration etc. Technical and Domain knowledge of healthcare claims, enrollment & health insurance industry preferred. Understanding contemporary technologies and how technologies can be leveraged to solve business problems. Flexibility is essential to this position. Excellent communication, written as well as verbal, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with managing and/or developing experiences using cloud-based e-commerce platforms (e.g. Salesforce Commerce Cloud; SAP Commerce)
- Prior experience as Technical Lead, System Analyst, and Business Analyst with technical background is a big plus.
- Technical and Domain knowledge of claims, enrollment & insurance industry preferred; experience in Health insurance domain a plus.
- Experience in and knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies.
A Product Owner is seen as a leadership role, and candidate needs the confidence, talent and enough Technology to business enablement experience to demonstrate and inspire their team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/05/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship