Resp & Qualifications
Manages a complex program of strategic infrastructure delivery initiatives that are aligned with specific Federal Employee Program (FEP) Infrastructure products. May be required to manage large-scale start-up for a new infrastructure product or program creating and executing an organization and staffing plan; defining program methodologies; managing multiple customers and vendors; and ensuring the program’s success. Defines and executes the overall approach and strategy for delivering multi-release and multi-year infrastructure delivery programs. Manages the integrated delivery of infrastructure products.. Responsible for the development and successful execution of an integrated infrastructure delivery plan to achieve business results on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Defines and executes the overall approach and strategy for delivering multi-release and multi-year infrastructure delivery programs.
• Manages the full project management life cycle and infrastructure delivery for the implementation of highly complex, large scale, strategic infrastructure delivery initiatives across FEPOC products and services.
• Leads the program and project staff and ensures the impacts and interdependencies between infrastructure products and programs are identified and managed while ensuring initiatives meet the goals and objectives.
• Provides both verbal and written communications regarding program issues, risks, finance, status, direction, and recommendations for improvements to senior management at FEPOC.
• Manages allocation of resources within the program(s) to meet work fluctuations and budget and time constraints in the delivery process.
• Proactively identifies risks and opportunities of both business and technical plans; identifies Risk Mitigation Strategies and Contingency Plans for all identified Risks. Maintains the Program Level issue and risk matrix log.
• Works closely with the FEPOC Director to align, prioritize, and manage all change requests and projects associated with assigned infrastructure product to ensure alignment to the Product roadmap.
Technology Product Development
Integrated Project Management:
• Manages an integrated delivery plan across all Infrastructure products and services; infrastructure support teams; vendors; and external customers targeted at a specific implementation date.
• Oversee HW/SW tracking across infrastructure project and working with Procurement and Finance teams for alignment.
• Track/report all incoming and inflight procurement requests.
• Exercises judgment based on broad experience to recognize and escalate risks before they become an issue and risk to the project delivery schedule.
• Evaluates complex situations accurately and identifies viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer.
• Resolves political, customer, resource, budgeting, change, and legal issues affecting the program.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required. 15+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Previous technical project management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.
• PMP Certification.
• ITIL Certification.
• MS Office proficiency
Experience in Program Management and execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, with working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle. This will be built on a track record of implementing business solutions in core critical technologies in use at FEPOC in roles from developer through technical lead.
• Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
• Considerable experience managing and delivering Business and IT centric projects using (where appropriate) leading-edge technology, and older legacy systems.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the company’s business practices and direction, business principles, and business processes, plus familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
• Exceptional program management skills and project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
• Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain business success.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining positive attitude.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/5/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship