Resp & Qualifications
The incumbent is responsible for providing analytical and marketing support for sales and retention areas as well as leading and/or participating in the design and implementation of new efforts to ensure sales applications, including CRM, marketing and front-end online application tools, are operating effectively, efficiently interfacing with downstream systems to achieve sales goals and objectives. The incumbent will manage completion, review, approval and maintenance of mandated ACA product templates. The incumbent will participate in and manage the analysis of existing business processes and systems to recommend marketing, process and system enhancements. The incumbent will drive reporting and coordinate with or provide consulting services to other CareFirst departments and external entities, such as vendors, consultants, auditors, Web Broker Entities, eBrokers, other BCBS Plans, and BCBSA.
Under the general supervision of a Manager or above the incumbent’s accountabilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Coordinates with Marketing, Contracting and Compliance, Pricing and various project teams to obtain and organize required data into HHS defined product templates used to complete annual ACA product filings via the online tool, SERFF. As business owner of the product templates and subject matter expert, completes annual and intermittent updates as products are updated, filed with the necessary regulatory agencies and modified per regulatory request, coordinates with internal CareFirst partners to review and approve documents for 100% accuracy, maintains templates throughout the year updating as defined by Marketing, Contracting and Compliance and/or Pricing. Conducts all work in a timely and efficient manner to meet the strict timelines of the regulatory process.
2. Participates in cross-functional teams as the subject matter expert for the functional area in the implementation of new direct marketing/sales, product, regulatory and systems initiatives. Reviews and validates business requirements. Collaborates with Business Analyst and Project Management staff in the creation and documentation of business processes, workflows and training documents. Collaborates with sales functional analysts, marketing and marketing communications areas to initiate, develop and deploy new strategic integrated direct response sales and retention efforts across traditional, online and electronic channels and launch new products. Participates in user acceptance testing.
3. Participates as the team leader in the analysis of existing business processes and systems to define and document necessary changes to support sales efforts, increase productivity, and identify human and/or technical errors. Conducts research and documents business work papers and specifications; documents testing results; determines if business area and/or systems operate as required; ensures that direct marketing campaigns and sales processes are completed in the agreed upon timeline. Assures that all errors are corrected.
4. Provides ongoing internal and external support for the Sales Database system, CareFirst online shopping portal, Web Broker Entities, eBrokers,, budget tracking and other inquiries. Investigates and resolves sensitive, complex, and/or high priority issues and problems impacting sales; serves as subject matter expert for business processes and related systems; coordinating with vendors and other parties as necessary, and tracks them to resolution; develops, documents, and communicates alternative workarounds for system defects until system solutions can be implemented.
5. Utilizes critical thinking skills, strategic analysis and database information to create, recommend and assist in the development of action plans that will achieve growth and reach sales targets. Quantifies and determines future marketing and sales opportunities to create strategies that increase, retain and recapture enrollment, balancing customer needs, financial requirements and corporate sales, as well as strategic goals. Collects current measures, assumptive data and circumstances to assemble forecasts for sales operations and enrollment.
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or other related field, or equivalent relevant experience. Must have proven critical thinking and detail-oriented skills, as well as a minimum of 4 – 6 years’ work experience in sales, marketing and/or service. Demonstrated systems experience with web-based applications/media and CRM database in a sales environment is necessary. Detailed knowledge of business to consumer sales processes is required. Knowledge of Consumer Direct insurance products, business workflow, administrative and internal procedures is preferred, including marketing strategies, internal/external operating policies, consumer direct sales and enrollment business processes, and MIA/VBOI/DISBR/CMS regulations and governance including marketing policies.
Abilities/Skills: Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise. Demonstrates fundamental project management skills. Experience in creating and documenting business processes, workflow and/or training materials. Must be able to build productive relationships through excellent interpersonal skills, lead problem-solving discussions, work effectively in individual and group settings. Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to be an effective listener, negotiator and facilitator. Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are a must. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with technical counterparts. Exemplify excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently. Must be aggressive in desire to produce innovative alternatives and be willing to defend suggestions in varied circumstances. Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word and Excel and web application skills, PowerPoint preferred.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Preferred: Familiarity with ACA regulations and Consumer Direct product portfolio. Proven experience of budget management and sales operational forecasting.
Must obtain/maintain a valid Maryland Life and Health insurance license.
Department: MA Implement - Mktg
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/06/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: Based on business need this position may require the individual to work non-traditional work schedules.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship