Resp & Qualifications
The Innovation Center (the “Center”), a collaboration between the region’s leading payor, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (“CareFirst”), and community health system, LifeBridge Health, is a coworking space and incubator program designed to foster an ecosystem of entrepreneurship that improves healthcare access, positively impacts patient outcomes, and reduces the total cost of care.
The Innovation Center Program Manager is responsible for providing operating, programming, and strategic support to participating, early-stage companies. The Innovation Center Program Manager will also foster the growth of the Center’s brand and ensure the success of the Center through business development and marketing efforts. As needed, the Innovation Center Program Manager will make and implement actionable recommendations to the Center’s Governance Committee.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Director of Innovation, the incumbent is responsible for, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Center alongside a co-manager employed by LifeBridge Health
• Resolve routine issues independently
• Maintain, implement, and modify, as needed, standard operating procedures, including but not limited to onboarding/offboarding companies and ongoing facilities and security management
• Identify opportunities to improve the experience of participating companies, mentors, advisors, and sponsors and develop recommendations and action plans for review by the Governance Committee
2. Develop, update, and implement social media and communications plans leveraging related social media accounts and communication channels
• Collaborate with CareFirst and LifeBridge Health’s marketing divisions to create and post content from parent accounts
• Showcase the Center, participating companies, and other related stakeholders through the development of compelling social media and communication campaigns
• Develop a process to monitor the success of social media and communications outreach
• Develop plans and recommendations to improve engagement rates, strategies, and content
• Update website content including company profiles, event information, and Center news
3. Promote the Center to prospective companies and build strong relationships with the local business community
• Grow the Center’s mentor, advisor, and partner network and maintain existing relationships
• Represent the Center to the public and other third parties including but not limited to universities, businesses, and other local incubators and accelerators
4. Develop, update, and implement Center programming including but not limited to events and educational curriculum
• Identify and engage guest speakers, curriculum contributors, and event sponsors
• Identify appropriate educational curriculum elements based on feedback and needs of participating companies as well as the subject matter expertise of CareFirst, LifeBridge Health, and partner organizations
• Align social media and communication strategies with programming plans
• Experience with incubator and/or accelerator programs
• Experience advising, operating, mentoring, or otherwise supporting early-stage companies, preferable healthcare companies
• Strong organization and coordination skills
• Strong networking and business development skills
• Prior experience developing social media, communications, programming plans, and/or other similar content
• Technically savvy with experience in Microsoft Office Suite products, WordPress, and social media platforms
• Strong communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in a business or healthcare discipline and 3-years related business experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience enough to successfully perform the essential duties
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to independently troubleshoot in real-time
• Able to plan and manage corporate events
• Able to work independently and on a team
Required Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to be the public and operational figurehead for the Center. Must be able to effectively work in a dynamic environment with frequently changing needs, deadlines, and workloads. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple service demands from internal (i.e. companies and CareFirst associates) and external stakeholders (i.e. partners and LifeBridge Health associates), within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive service to every internal and external stakeholder, including those who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work
• Experience with fundraising and/or procuring sponsorships
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/5/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship