Resp & Qualifications
The Unified Communication executive support engineer is responsible for supporting the technology needs of senior executives and their executive assistants. They will ensure that the technology needs of the senior executives are met through solutions that are well constructed, well communicated and operating properly. Responsible for 2nd level technical guidance for staff members and the coordination of service provided by the IT Operations for executive support. This position also requires the efficient utilization of all desktop and wireless hardware and software tools as directed by the UCS Manager. The Unified Communication executive support engineer will interface daily with other IT technical staff and customers, will be working on assignments, and delivering services and support related to all areas of executive support. Research and document new software and hardware in support of service request and project assignments. Provide complete customer service to all clients, prompt and effective troubleshooting, resolution and documentation of all assigned problems and service request. Project management, tracking and status updates.
Position provides day to day support for all companywide locations where executive support is required. Provides complete customer service to all clients, prompt and effective troubleshooting, resolution and documentation of all assigned problems, service requests and project support. Provides 7 X 24 coverage, holidays, evening hours, weekend work required and participates in the on-call rotation. Liaisons with project teams on development and leads nonstandard upgrades.
Under the direction of the Unified Communication Services Manager, the incumbent is accountable for, but not limited to the following:
1. 50% Executive Staff Support. Provides support for the technology needs of the senior executives and their executive assistants. Ensures that the technology needs of the senior executives are met through solutions that are well constructed, well communicated and operating properly.
2. 20% Conducts 2nd and 3rd level support for all trouble calls reported to the Service Desk related to executive and UCS support. Responds or resolves hardware and software problem within required SLA’s. Service Request are completed within required SLA, this function entails the physical movements of data equipment, as well as installation of new desktop hardware, software, various desktop peripherals and wireless devices. Verifies that all new hardware/software meets the CareFirst standard requirements and is MS compatible. Documentation and administrative functions of this job is required to be update trouble calls, service request and communication to associates on the status of their request daily. Providing quality service and communications to all levels.
3. 20% Customer service - identifies and meets all levels of support for heartbeat and day-to day setting customer expectations. Ensures post service follow-ups, customer services and communication to all concerned. Attend client meetings and make recommendation of Client Technology platform for Client Services. Provide communication back via status reports on projects assigned. Maintain a highly professional relationship with both internal and external clients.
4. 10% Research current technology through self-training. Provides instructions to peers and staff on technology changes and guidance. Keep abreast of current technology through a combination of research, formal and Self-training. Coordination’s with vendors, clients and other its members on testing and new technology.
May provide support with reporting and reconciliation initiatives.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement which includes but is not limited to, information confidentiality, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley and code of conduct policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibility but may provide training, mentoring and coaching for less experienced Desktop Team members.
• Minimum three years’ experience in providing desktop and technology support services to senior executives and staff.
• Minimum five years of user support experience, troubleshooting hardware and software problems required.
• Professional experience with current Windows OS required.
• Professional experience with Apple OS and hardware required.
• Professional experience with Microsoft Office365
• Experience managing projects, particularly those impacting end users
• Experience in large enterprise support environment that is distributed.
• Professional experience with VOIP, mobile technologies preferred.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Incumbent must possess good interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Organization and time management skills, and good analytical skills.
• Troubleshooting and prioritization skills are very important, ability to think outside the box.
• High level knowledge of multiple PC, MAC hardware platforms and operating systems.
• Troubleshooting, prioritization and escalation skills
• Knowledge of Ethernet network topologies, network protocol such as IP, and network communication equipment. Ability to troubleshoot cable problems and use communication tools, such as cable testers, and crimp tools.
• Must have experience working in a networked PC environment using shared resources. Background experience should include support of multi-platform environments including mainframe and Unix-based systems.
• Self-motivated and adaptable to change and function effectively in a team environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of project management and the ability to coordinate assigned projects. Ability to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation, and project manages.
• Ability to work independent or as a member of a large team related project
• Change and release management using Teamtrack
• Client device performance and benchmarking
• Application Virtualization
• Ability to support Wireless technology and mobile computing
• Ability to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation, and project management.
• Self-motivated and adaptable to change.
• Ability to adapt quickly to fast and changing IT environment
• Ability to multitask.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Microsoft training on Desktop Essentials and working towards other Microsoft Certificates.
• Latest version of Microsoft Office and software integration
• Desktop Virtualization experience
• Prior technical project management experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. The functions of this position may also require physical activity such as bending, stooping and kneeling, as well as lifting equipment of weights up to 60 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 3/8/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The lifting of equipment ranging from 10 to 20 lbs. is required. Travel required among sites to support customers.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship