Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: This position reports directly to the Vice President of IT Operations within the CareFirst TOS organization and has primary responsibility for the following functions:
• Infrastructure Portfolio Management – Collaborates with peer directors, product owners, business areas, and customers to create projects to deliver infrastructure solutions that are properly resourced, funded, and scheduled. Consolidates and manages the individual infrastructure projects as a comprehensive infrastructure project portfolio. This also would extend to include infrastructure projects which are approved as Corporate Initiatives to be delivered by TOS IT Operations, ensuring adherence to CareFirst PMO governance.
• Information Technology Asset Management – Leads the IT Asset Management function with respect to cost, control, compliance, and business objectives. Establishes a best in class Asset Management process which incorporates knowledge of software/hardware vendor contracts and license terms & conditions, drives cost and usage optimization programs, establishes sound governance practices and promotes and contributes to the continuous improvement and best practices of an Asset Management program.
• Infrastructure Budget and Metric Reporting and Analysis – Manages consolidation and reporting of overall IT Operations metrics, including day-to-day budget variances and forecasting as well as infrastructure and Corporate Initiative project budget reporting.
This Position is subject to a Level 6C Requirement.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of TOS IT Operations the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Coordinates consolidation and reporting of overall IT Operations budget metrics, including day-to-day budget variances and forecasting as well as infrastructure and Corporate Initiative project budget reporting. Analyzes trends for review with IT Operations leadership to identify opportunities for savings and flag potential risks. This position will also oversee consolidation of IT Operational and Service metrics and implement standardized reporting processes. These metrics will be reviewed by the IT Operations leadership team monthly and analyzed for compliance with service and performance commitments.
Within the established enterprise Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) collaborates with peer directors, business and product owners as well as external customers and service providers to plan and manage specific infrastructure projects and/or the infrastructure components within corporate initiatives. Manages the entire portfolio of infrastructure projects to meet milestones and adhere to resource plans and budget targets. Establishes and manages customer expectations in regard to the delivery and capabilities of the technologies set forth in the annual infrastructure project portfolio. Provides strategic consulting to TOS and business stakeholders in keeping focus on expectations, what is possible to deliver, and maximizing the value of what is delivered. Interacts directly with internal and external business partners and vendors at all levels on the development and implementation on development and implementation of business plans and strategies.
Responsible for oversight and delivery of IT Asset Management (ITAM). Accurate and timely IT Asset Management (ITAM) enables key corporate priorities by controlling costs, enhancing operational efficiency, ensuring regulatory compliance, and mitigating security & financial risks. ITAM objectives include: tracking and managing IT assets (hardware & software) throughout their life cycle, ensuring logical and consistent operational processes are defined and standard systems are implemented to acquire and maintain IT assets, ensuring accurate and complete asset information is available to supply financial reporting, enhance business decision-making, improve time-to-market, manage asset-related liabilities and risks, & improve customer service and responsiveness.
Provides knowledge and support to assist the VP IT Operations in strategic planning. Plans for, selects, and develops organization. Sets goals and priorities for the department and has accountability for the delivery and quality of the team’s goals and commitments. Establishes and manages the departmental budget and manages interactions and coordination with other departments to accomplish corporate goals. Plans and manages the resource needs of the department to ensure service capacity for project management.
Directs and manages professional staff of up to 25, including 5-7 direct reports, consisting of Program Managers, Project Managers, Financial Analysts and Business Analysts, as well as vendor/contractors as appropriate. Has overall responsibility for department decisions and management.
This role will delegate responsibility and authority to appropriate staff within the team. Additionally, he/she will evaluate performance of each team member, generate development plans and set goals within the context of the corporate policy. Must also motivate, coach, counsel and develop team members within the context of the corporate policies and project management processes and procedures. Ensures that staff has appropriate tools and training.
This position directs the Infrastructure Strategy and Delivery functions of the IT Operations Department within the TOS Organization. Director is accountable for ensuring delivery of infrastructure project portfolio in accordance with project schedule and budget, ensuring no production impacts. Position also has responsibility for tracking and management of Information Technology assets in support of the established enterprise, product, and business strategies. Infrastructure projects may span the entire technology infrastructure which includes corporate network and telephone systems; distributed servers and storage; as well as data center and disaster recovery efforts to enable business continuity for CareFirst Operations.
This position will have extensive interaction with Executive Leadership throughout CareFirst as well as with our Federal Employee Program business partners. Management and delivery of the project portfolio directly impacts the entire CareFirst organization, across all business units and to enable service to our 3.2 million members.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of 10+ years of progressive IT and business managerial experience in large business transformation - strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, across multiple enterprise-wide hardware and software platforms.
• Previous technical management and delivery experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.
• Progressive broad-based information systems experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing struc¬tures.
• Ability to grasp technological opportunities and apply them to business opportunities and requirements.
• Experience in project management and execution of multiple enterprise-wide development projects, with working knowledge in all aspects of the systems development life cycle and project life cycle in a cross-functional environment.
• Demonstrated leadership experience, during which three or more of the following occurred:
o Successfully developed and implemented new enterprise-wide technologies and work processes
o Execution of multiple or large projects that cut across all lines of business
o Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
o Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
o Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective enterprise-wide solutions to diverse and complex business problems
o Developed and implemented enterprise systems including new and emerging technologies
o Established a successful track record of managing joint IT/business teams through life-cycle phases
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, associates, and management at all levels
• Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Experience in executive level reporting on strategic initiatives, developing and delivering effective executive presentations.
• Excellent customer service and negotiation skills. Must have the credibility and finesse to deliver honest messages to the CEO and others at the executive level on feasibility of program/project deliverables.
• Proficiency in financial/budget management
• Experience managing technology inventories and budgets.
• Ability to identify priorities and achieve results with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to create long range strategies and tactical plans to deliver a wide range of infrastructure technologies and capabilities.
• Knowledge and understanding of, and experience with, multi-platform development and implementation processes and technologies.
• Demonstrated successful planning and organizational skills in developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans.
• Proven abilities to build, manage, develop, and lead technical teams.
• Ability to delegate and manage the work of large, diverse technical teams over multiple projects and development cycles.
• Ability to interface with all levels of the organization both internally and externally and build and maintain relationships within the company and in the community.
• Proven ability to build and transform organizations
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Technology and/or Business or other advanced Certification in a related field.
• Additional certifications in one or more of the following IT Service Management frameworks: ITIL, IEC/ISO 20000, COBIT, CMMI, Six-Sigma; etc.
• Project Management (PMP) Certification
• Prior Health Insurance industry experience.
Department: Cloud Planning - MD
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before:3/21/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship