Resp & Qualifications
This position reports to the Marketing Web Manager, Customer Facing Websites, and is responsible for completing assigned tasks related to web content edits for corporate marketing websites (4) and ancillary websites (10+).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: supporting the content editing and implementation for all external-facing marketing web, email, and online projects; effectively making web edits that drive to achieve Marketing and Sales Corporate business goals and priorities; and proficiently and succinctly ensuring web edits are made in adherence to documented guidelines and expertise. There is an emphasis on managing web content projects and keeping business owners informed of the progress. In addition, there are day-to-day activities that include editing copy for the web, validating the look and feel, editing content both within content management system and within HTML coded websites, editing and adding PDFs to the web site.
Works independently and serves as a subject matter expert in a lead role to ensure projects and content edits on CareFirst external websites are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
Managing Web Content Projects/Making Web Content Edits
• Create new web pages and re-write web content.
• Understand and proficiently use the web content management system (CMS) to make day-to-day digital content edits.
• Supports content edits and website updates on corporate websites (4), ancillary sites (10+),
• Supports content edits and updates on digital publications, e-newsletters, email content, eBooks and other digital content platforms as required by business areas and assigned by Web Manager or Senior Web Editor.
• Performs web edits which include basic HTML coding to ensure proper location, look and feel and functionality of web content.
• Ensures proper web content styles and guidelines are followed when making web updates.
• Ensures search engine optimization guidelines are followed when making content edits.
• Ensures websites are accurately updated and validates all content edits are made accurately on all online properties.
• Tags content and content assets (e.g. PDFs) to make them 508 compliant.
• Primarily communicates and interacts with internal Digital Communications team and Web Manager to understand changes and provide status updates via internal team members.
Web Content Testing and Implementation
• Tests and validates all content before submitting content edits.
• Validates web edits to ensure web edits were done in accordance with specified web standards and in accordance with the business stakeholders request.
• Tests all content edits to ensure content is 508 compliant.
• Assists with testing new website designs and new web pages when needed.
• Tests content for SEO tagging.
• Reviews content to ensure content follows web content standards, “plain English” rules, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Ensures all web writing is consistent across pages and across websites with each web content edit request.
• Supports Web, Mobile and Emerging Media Team to help ensure the site and all content meets CareFirst and “best practice” usability requirements.
• Ability to analyze web analytics, understanding the impact of site visits and website general usage in relationship to web content.
• Use web analytics reports and knowledge to help streamline content and make recommendations for more optimal site user experience through improved navigation labels, page titles and content stylization.
• Uses web analytics and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) reporting to help make recommendations to Web Manager for appropriate content direction.
• Ensure appropriate tracking tags are associated with web content to get web analytics data.
Web Process and Protocol
• Assists with the change process for all content edits on external facing CareFirst websites to ensure that the site’s content is in compliance with current legal and branding regulations.
• Assists in the writing and review of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for web editing.
• Ensures appropriate process is followed when assigned content edits.
• Double checks all work before submitting for review by internal web team.
• Prioritizes web content edits and project work and deliveries content edits on time and with detailed follow up and follow through to Web Manager or assigning team member.
• Clearly communicates with Web Manager regarding timelines and deadlines and asks questions quickly if additional direction is needed.
• Other support tasks related to the development, implementation and maintenance of all external facing CareFirst websites and communication objectives, as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years web editing experience, specifically making edits in a web content management system and within straight HTML websites.
• Familiarity with content management systems (Macromedia Contribute, Sharepoint, TeamSite, Documentum, etc.).
Candidate will be required to gain proficiency in TeamSite within 3 months of hire.
• General knowledge of web usability and functionality required.
• Previous web content management and proofreading and editing web content experience required.
• Working knowledge of Dreamweaver required.
• Excellent time management skills and very detail-oriented is a must.
• Must have knowledge of PCs and the Internet, including different web browsers (e.g Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari)
• Working knowledge of web development coding - HTML is required.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Professional.
• Strong skills in the MS Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Outstanding interpersonal and team environment skills.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization.
• Experience with tagging content assets for 508 compliance.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and photo editing for web.
• Experience in digital media including e-newsletters, e-mail templates, online video, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/11/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship