Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Manager, Wellness and Disease Management the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Represents Company and Department at group onsite events such as health fairs, enrollment meetings, seminars, and screenings to foster engagement in CareFirst programs and services.
- Implement wellbeing related activities through client interaction and vendor logistics planning.
- Keep abreast of current nation wellness and wellbeing initiatives.
- Liaison with appropriate external vendor partners to organize, institute, and coordinate various types of wellness programs. This person will track, fulfill requests and resolve issues. When issues cannot be resolved, escalations process will be implemented.
- Responds to management, internal department and external partner inquiries regarding account and member eligibility and enrollment for wellness programs.
- Works with appropriate areas of the company to research and resolve account and member issues and questions related to wellness programs.
- Coordinates account events to help promote wellness programs. Provides all required materials for defined events. Determines required staffing, supplies, and set up for events.
- Assist with program planning and wellness champion support at the group level.
- Participates in meetings with associates and employers with clear and concise communication.
- Cultivates interest and encourages employees to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Develops and deploys monthly health observances and education.
Maintains accurate information on participation in programs in addition to, information that pertains to ongoing involvement with the programs. Tracks attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
- Tracks and prepares statistics evaluating wellness program activity, wellness credits, and complementary services.
- Reports to management on weekly activity metrics and event summaries.
- Works with sales and Wellness Consultants to input new groups and/or renewals into wellness workstation system and track group wellness events.
- Coordinate the distribution of marketing materials to introduce new programs, wellness events, and communication pieces as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in health promotion, health behavior, health education, public health, exercise/nutrition science or related field and up to 1-year experience in a benefit /wellness related field.
- Capability in meeting deadlines and establishing effective working relationships.
- Ability to develop technical reports, procedural manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Flexible and learns quickly.
- Good people/communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to formulate plans, goals and time schedules for proposed projects and assignments in a practical and orderly fashion and to adapt plans or policies to changing conditions quickly and effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, consultants as necessitated by the work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective contracts with vendors and build working relationships with employees, vendors, consultants as necessitated by the work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to manage time and resources efficiently.
- Technically competent at intermediate to advanced level with various software programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience creating presentations including graphs, charts, newsletters, etc.
Department: Workplace Wellness
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before:4/8/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship