Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Director, FEP Operations Center (FEPOC) Quality Assurance and Testing, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Knowledge, understanding of, and experience with multi-platform testing architectures, practices and standards across Intel, Unix and mainframe platforms.
• Awareness of new testing technologies / approaches and how they could be leveraged to benefit validation strategies and initiatives.
• Experience in testing life cycle methodologies, specifically Agile methodology and complex enterprise application integration testing disciplines.
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and base set of conditions for their occurrence.
• Exhibit the ability to assess the priority and severity of issues by understanding business objectives, technical costs, and user needs as well as weigh alternatives for solution.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Proven communication skills that demonstrate understanding of complex technical details, clarity of thought, and the ability to persuade others.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field (i.e., Engineering, Applied Science, Math, etc,) .or equivalent experience
A minimum of 7 to 10+ years of hands-on systems testing, validation and verification
A minimum of 5 years of technical management experience, in a systems testing and/or support discipline
A minimum of 5 years experience with Agile practices, Scrum or Kanban methodologies
Experience in developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems, client users and/or units across an organization
Experience with applications support of multiple operating systems and environments
Proven experience with test automation to lead and mentor the team and help integrate with DevOps
Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Project Management experience in large scale system deployments
• Excellent leadership skills
• Effective technical and programming skills
• Effective negotiation skills
• Must be able to manage a departmental budget
• Must be able to recruit and supervise contractor resources
• Effective organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communications skills
• Self-motivated, adaptable to change, forward-thinking
• Must be able to prioritize and manage time under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem-solving ability to engage in continuous learning
Preferred: Experience in healthcare and claims processing
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/10/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship