Resp & Qualifications
The Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) is seeking an efficient, detail-oriented research analyst to join our growing organization. In this position, you will interpret, manage, and analyze organizational data in order to translate results into better solutions. You will be working with various source data systems and will be required to pull that data together, conduct validation and sanity checks, look for discrepancies, and organize the data in a way that permits effective analysis. Once the data is organized, the position will be required to investigate data trends and findings, leading to the development of visualizations and recommendations. The position will be tasked to work with information such as resource allocation and utilization data, project scheduling data, burn rates and other Agile metrics, defect metrics, and other associated project/program/portfolio information.
Under the direction of the Manager, FEPOC Portfolio Management Office, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
o Supports compliance of the standard PMO processes and ensures adherence to them.
o Understands and facilitates adherence to processes supporting PMO services.
o Executes existing processes as written and provides feedback on potential opportunities for improvement
o Supports stewardship of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) by soliciting feedback from users and mentoring on how to follow the procedures.
o Supports oversight of the FEPOC PMO portfolio.
o Supports collection of portfolio metrics and preparation of reports and analyses
o Facilitates FEPOC PMO portfolio oversight activities to monitor and control portfolio performance.
o Awareness of corporate strategy.
o Assembles and validates pre-defined reports
o Provides verbal presentations of report content
o Designs and prepares simple reports
o Develops graphs and charts as appropriate to support reporting, including metrics, trends, anomalies, etc. represent very detailed data at a summary level.
o Supports and implements presentation formats and scenarios to help convey information to executives.
o Maintains high quality of information within the PPM tool.
Data Analysis, Reporting, and Presentation
o Performs standard data analysis, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations for risk mitigation. Data includes: Schedule, Resource, Milestone, Issues, Risks, Dependencies, and Financials.
o Contributes in portfolio review meetings, including capture of meeting minutes and tracking of action items to resolution
• Financial Management
o Supports project financial reporting at the portfolio level and contributes to the analysis and escalation
• Resource Management
o Supports preparation of resource management reporting and contributes to the analysis and escalation
• Schedule Management
o Supports management of PMO enterprise schedule/calendar.
o Supports milestone-level integrated schedule oversight.
o Understands project work breakdown structures and supports portfolio-level schedule management.
- BS Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Project Management, or Management Information Systems or directly related equivalent experience
- 0 to 2+ years relevant experience in roles requiring project/portfolio management, resource & risk analysis, financial project management and metrics reporting.
- Familiarity with Project Portfolio Management tools (e.g. CA Clarity PPM, HP PPM, Planview PPM, etc.)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Reporting tools (e.g. Cognos, Business Objects, etc.)
- Beginner or higher proficiency with MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, InfoPath
- Intermediate or higher proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong sense of accountability
- Takes initiative
- Requires supervision
- Strong analytical skills; passion for understanding data; curiosity, thirst for knowledge; desire to investigate root causes of data patterns and trends.
- Able to identify relevant data points to analyze
- Quick learner; can easily learn new business and technical tools and processes.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively; must be able to clearly articulate complex data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate very detailed information at a summary level.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Effective in a highly dynamic environment; able to handle changing priorities.
- Ability to build collaborative and trusting relationships with peers and all levels of management
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Solid organizational skills; ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to learn, execute, maintain, and identify inefficiencies in a process
- Process discipline tempered with flexibility based on business acumen
- Strong technical skills, with ability to build and maintain tools for process automation, data integrity/validation, reporting and executive presentations as well as ability to leverage tools for hands-on data analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/24/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship