Resp & Qualifications
Resp & Qualifications
This position supports the operations of the Enterprise Portfolio Management Organization (EPMO) and the EPMO’s strategic objectives. The EPMO drives lots of change across the enterprise to support enterprise-level and business area objectives. This position will be responsible for managing ongoing operational and change efforts that support the effective allocation of resources, cost estimating and forecasting, portfolio planning and reporting, schedule development and management, as well as other program / project management continuous improvement efforts.
Job description includes (but not limited to) advisory, thought leadership and implementing best practices across the following functions:
- Assessment and support of annual planning
- Assessment of project/program/portfolio forecasting and ongoing tracking
- Variance analysis, efficiencies, cost reductions/additions
- Financial management advice and guidance, reporting and early warning of spend against target
- Identifying opportunities to free up budget to fund other initiatives
- Developing a basis for estimating models
- Demand management oversight, pipeline and capacity planning
- PPM tool information and continuous improvement
- Portfolio Optimization and Balancing
- Reporting on Initiatives and enabling prioritization based on value, risk and overall alignment with Strategy
Execution, Performance and Productivity management
- Implementation of consistent and predictable product and project delivery practices
- Coaching for project / program managers to ensure clarity on scoping and reporting efforts
- Mentor in SDLC project management practices
- Review quality of work
- Evaluating and reporting on portfolio performance
- Leveraging the work of leading departments to promote improvements
- Developing consistent metrics and reporting on KPIs
- Provide annual assessment and insight into portfolio, program, and project management performance
- Experience in scoping and managing technology projects
- In-depth of knowledge of system development methodologies, including Agile
- Experience managing matrixed, cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly performing teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs
- Experience in developing measures of success for portfolios
- Experience in developing and implementing project KPIs and status reporting for projects and programs
- Experience implementing PPM tools
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis
- Advanced interpersonal skills to engage strategically with peers and senior executive and to build a solid network for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Adopts communication style to the style of others, develops rapport and remains calm under pressure
- Strong analytical acumen and a high strategic solution orientation to influence and guide discussions as a key stakeholder
- Promoter of critical capability and process improvements, to conduct effective questioning to break down complex issues and opportunities into core elements.
- Critical thinking skills to understand current Governance and process gaps, recommend and implement solutions that will properly provide or modify a service as well as minimize risk and exposure for Investment management function.
- Advanced consultative skills to develop consistency and standards to govern project execution and reporting, formulate new standards and best practices to advance cooperative engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Management, or Technology or equivalent work experience required.
- 8+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- 4+ years in team management position
- Other relevant experience in one or more of the following technical fields (program management, product management, infrastructure, deployment)
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/24/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship