Resp & Qualifications
This position reports to the Marketing Web Manager, Customer Facing Websites, and is responsible for completing assigned tasks related to web content edits for corporate marketing websites (4) and ancillary websites (10+).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: supporting the content editing and implementation for all external-facing marketing web, email, and online projects; effectively making web edits that drive to achieve Marketing and Sales Corporate business goals and priorities; and proficiently and succinctly ensuring web edits are made in adherence to documented guidelines and expertise. There is an emphasis on managing web content projects and keeping business owners informed of the progress. In addition, there are day-to-day activities that include editing copy for the web, validating the look and feel, editing content both within content management system and within HTML coded websites, editing and adding PDFs to the web site.
Works independently and serves as a subject matter expert in a lead role to ensure projects and content edits on CareFirst external websites are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
Web Content Testing and Implementation
• Range of projects: Supports day-to-day web content edits from PDF swaps, content updates (both as straight HTML or within Content Management System); web content editing; testing of content edits; and support for corporate projects as needed.
• Interfaces primarily with internal marketing web team and internal IT teams.
• Detailed oversight of assigned web projects to determine priority and deliver on time.
• Timely content edits on all CareFirst websites.
• Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years web editing experience, specifically making edits in a web content management system and within straight HTML websites.
• Familiarity with content management systems (Macromedia Contribute, Sharepoint, TeamSite, Documentum, etc.).
Candidate will be required to gain proficiency in TeamSite within 3 months of hire.
• General knowledge of web usability and functionality required.
• Previous web content management and proofreading and editing web content experience required.
• Working knowledge of Dreamweaver required.
• Excellent time management skills and very detail-oriented is a must.
• Must have knowledge of PCs and the Internet, including different web browsers (e.g Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari)
• Working knowledge of web development coding - HTML is required.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Professional.
• Strong skills in the MS Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Outstanding interpersonal and team environment skills.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization.
• Experience with tagging content assets for 508 compliance.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and photo editing for web.
• Experience in digital media including e-newsletters, e-mail templates, online video, etc.
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of this position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, handle, and feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Department: Advertising, Brand & Marketing
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 5/30/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship