Resp & Qualifications
The Health Informatics Analyst II role is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about leading and participating in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools, as well as solving complex analytical issues. Health Informatics creates cutting edge analytic tools to drive better and faster decision making within the organization and provides critical support for key corporate programs, such as the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Total Care and Cost Improvement (TCCI) programs. This role will require frequent interaction with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization. This position will use predictive and behavioral analytics, and analytically derived insights to develop and test solutions that enhance consumer engagement, improve health outcomes and reduce health care costs. This is a fast-paced, collaborative and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility and flexibility.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of a Lead Health Informatics Analyst or Supervisor, the principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Work with multiple systems to extract, integrate and use large volumes of data for deeper analysis. With guidance from Senior and Lead Health Informatics Analysts, complete ad hoc and production analyses and reports in support of major corporate programs such as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Account reporting, quality and cost of care, provider performance, clinical outcomes, care program operations and efficiency. Also support external audits and special investigation inquiries, legal inquiries, operational support. Responsible for monthly report production. Develop requirements for developers to include outcomes in software solutions. This may include some or all of the specific skills and functions below:
• Conduct undirected research and frame open ended questions. Work with business units and management to gather/understand business requirements for new project requests.
• Build sophisticated algorithms to meet business requirements and use statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling skills to build a comprehensive platform for data analysis and reporting.
• Analyze data to discard erroneous or problematic information. Explore and examine data from a variety of angles to determine hidden weaknesses, trends or opportunities in the data. Provide analytical commentaries to explain or highlight significant findings.
• Design and develop analytic methodologies for multiple projects on a wide variety of total health care and clinical pharmacy issues.
Assist colleagues with assignments. Expand technical and business knowledge through individual research and on-the-job training. Participate in meetings and facilitate information exchange with people in other departments and/or external customers.
Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of application performance and recommend improvements to methods and algorithms. Contribute to the continual improvement of the department by developing efficient methods for extracting data from source systems, interpreting and summarizing results, and developing neat and accurate end-user reports. Generate clear and concise documentation for all projects. Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
Perform team administrative duties including status reporting, daily project time reporting and self/peer/project assessments.
Incumbent may be working on corporate initiatives and/or key corporate imperatives such as: PCMH, Total Care and Cost Improvement (TCCI), SearchLight reporting, Provider Efficiency evaluations, HEDIS and quality measures reporting, external audits and special investigation inquiries, legal inquiries, business unit operational support, monthly report production. Work produced will have a high level of exposure among all levels of CareFirst management and/or external providers, and could directly or indirectly have financial impacts (e.g., data ultimately used in calculating provider payments).
• Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a closely related field or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
• 1-3+ years of experience in data analysis, modeling and reporting
• Proficient programming experience with R, SQL, SAS, or similar stack
• Excellent research, analytical, written and oral communications
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to work with new technologies
• Intermediate design and/or use of relational databases including experience working with working knowledge of dimensional modeling, star schemas and working with time-series data
• Demonstrated proficiency with multiple reporting applications and tools, including MS Excel, Access, Word, SQL/database querying, business intelligence applications
• Experience with healthcare data and systems
• Agile software development experience
• Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 5/15/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship