Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: The Director, Large Group National Accounts provides direction to key Account Executive staff to ensure maximum customer retention is achieved for a important group of commercial clients within the Large Group employee segment. This role provides oversight, management and direction to the account management team to increase sales volume for CareFirst’s commercial employers. Ensures the Account Executive staff provides maximum customer service in a highly professional manner, balancing the needs of the client and the company. In addition, this position establishes relationships with national consulting houses, large brokerage firms, and other major influencers in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Sales and Client Management the essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
1. Ensures that overall retention, renewal and financial goals are achieved for medical and ancillary products for assigned accounts within the commercial segment
2. Plays a critical role in the ongoing development of positive relationships with key market constituents, brokers/consultants, government officials and vendor partners across CareFirst’s service area.
3. Manages a staff of Account Executives responsible for the team’s general performance, while ensuring individual results are accomplished and staff professional development needs are created and achieved.
4. Effectively partner with all internal constituents and subject matter experts to ensure client needs are met, maintaining a positive perception of CareFirst within the marketplace and there is a clear understanding of CareFirst’s value proposition.
5. Responsible for performing routine corporate management responsibilities, supporting the Vice President - which include, but are not limited to, participating in the development and monitoring of the divisional budget, the development of enrollment forecasts, participation on task forces and committees to represent the sales team.
Directly supervises a team of Account Executives (the number of staff members may vary depending on the business needs).
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
• A minimum of five to eight years of sales experience with an emphasis on strategic, consultative selling is required.
• The ability to effectively manage/train professional sales personnel through leadership and the promotion of teamwork is required.
• Extensive knowledge of underwriting principles; group health/life insurance financial/funding mechanisms; healthcare delivery systems, including pricing methodologies and cost reimbursement mechanisms for both Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) and indemnity systems; and health insurance products and networks is required.
• Extremely strong facilitation skills and the ability to take a strong leadership role with both peers and senior managers
• Deep understanding of health care marketplace dynamics
• Creation and maintenance of a wide network of personal contacts both within CareFirst and in the external health care community for sources of information.
• Strong presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex issues and findings in writing and orally to both executive and peer audiences
• Ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and information sources as well as external vendors, suppliers and consultants.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and to produce insightful and reliable quantitative and qualitative analyses in a high-pressure deadline-oriented environment.
• Experience with Salesforce
• Proven superior written and interpersonal communication skills, well organized, ability to multi-task and work independently, promote flexibility and teamwork Strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications
• Willingness to travel (mostly local travel required, occasion travel outside Baltimore/Washington DC area)
• A valid Health/Life License in Maryland, Virginia, and District of Columbia will be required.
The qualified applicant must possess proven sales skills, effective interpersonal/relationship skills, and management skills. The applicant must possess the ability to analyze competitive sales information and develop effective sales strategies to assist sales personnel in the retention and growth of existing business. The candidate must have a proven ability to demonstrate good instincts and make solid business judgements. Additional requirements include negotiation skills, creative thinking and problem solving, effective organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent group presentation skills and personal computer skills. The ability to direct and support professional development of staff is necessary.
Department: Sales & Client Mgmt
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/11/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship