Resp & Qualifications
The Integrated Risk Management (IRM) department is responsible for the education, empowerment, and governance of business owners in identifying and managing operational risks in a consistent and integrated manner. IRM, facilitated by the Integrated Compliance teams and business owners across the enterprise, establishes frameworks for effectuating consistency within operational risk management. The IRM team is a catalyst for change, providing leadership and subject matter expertise for establishing and maturing risk mitigation and controls critical to the success of the overall organization. Specifically, the IRM team is responsible for identifying and mitigating risks; managing controls and safeguards to minimize the impact of potential and existing risks affecting the organization; ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and organization frameworks; and monitoring and effectuating remediation of issues identified. This requires strong collaboration and partnership with business owners and stakeholders across the enterprise.
Under the direction of the Integrated Risk Management Program Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Establish Standards and Frameworks for Standardization and Consistent Understanding
Oversight, Monitoring, and Execution of Assessments
Operational Risk Management and Advisory Support
Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) Program
Provide Oversight and Governance of Third Party Risks
Leadership and Development
SCOPE DATA: This position will interact extensively with all levels of CareFirst leadership, external audit firms, regulatory agencies and vendors. This position is responsible for point-to-point communication and consistency throughout many assessments, analysis, reporting, problem solving and performance review – and highly visible to management. It is expected this role will participate in establishing and maintaining continuously evolving assessment and compliance standards delivering mission critical services for CareFirst.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent, in lieu of a BA/BS degree, an additional 4 years of relevant experience is required and 5+ years of work experience in a risk management, third party risk management, audit, compliance, security governance or legal services role.
• Technical knowledge of and experience executing CMS compliance and audit requirements. CMS audit protocols, CMS monitoring projects, and/or CMS risk assessments.
• Capabilities and experience in performing independent assessments, including compliance & legal reviews, contract reviews, testing controls, and developing & reviewing assessment reports.
• Problem solver who works independently and within a team using interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Understands and possesses general project management skills relevant to performing assessment functions and responsibilities.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines and workloads that can be varied for extended periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
• Considerable judgment, tact, initiative, accuracy, trustworthiness and integrity.
• Understanding of legal requirements and health insurance operations
• Possess or in the process of obtaining a relevant risk or business certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, CISM)
• Hands on with the implementation, support, or assessment of operational risks and/or third party risks
#nowhiring #medicareadvantage #medicaid
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please apply before: 6/13/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship