Resp & Qualifications
Reporting to the Manager, IT Security, the Senior Information Security Specialist is accountable for a variety of tasks and deliverables, as listed below.
Support existing information security applications and infrastructure components. Work and collaborate other teams in the enterprise, or with customers (internal and external) on resolving access issues related to security functions, such as authentication, authorization, password management, account locks, user management, SSO/Federation, Role and Privilege assignments, etc. Work with the project managers to define realistic timelines for production issue resolutions. Troubleshoot issues across multiple applications and systems. Persist in fixing issues and supporting deployments during the maintenance window (around midnight). Apply creative thinking in problem solving and actively identifying opportunities for system improvements.
Develop code, scripts, and configuration/deployment instructions to implement designs and follow instruction of Lead team members. Use best practices and patterns to ensure delivery of an enterprise grade solution that is scalable, extensible, and configurable. Use SQL optimization techniques, parallel processing techniques, asynchronous transactions, and other enterprise grade patterns. Perform thorough unit testing, code validation, and troubleshooting. Work with other technical teams in the organization such as Data Architecture, Portal and Integration. Work with the project managers to define realistic timelines for solution delivery. Deliver solutions in a timely manner and according to the agreed upon schedule.
May use any of the following skills sets including: IBM TIM administration and workflow development, TAM administration and configuration, TFIM administration and configuration, LDAP, Unix, Active Directory, Java, EJB, JSP, JDBC, JMS, Kerberos, PKI, XML, WSDL, Web Services, Ant, Spring Framework.
DESIGN AND DOCUMENT:
Participate in brainstorming sessions for interpreting technical requirements into security solutions and designs that are consistent with the current information security architecture. Create detailed documents using UML and similar diagraming methods, to be shared within and outside the team. Documents include code commenting, descriptions of interfaces, instructions for deployments and configurations
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution.
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or related IT field or equivalent experience and at least 5 years of related experience of which at least 3 years must be in IT Security. In addition:
• Solid knowledge of information security systems including Access Management, Identity Management, LDAP, Role Based Access Control, HTTP Headers and Cookies, Encryption, SSL, Certificates, etc.
• Experienced in Web Services code development and testing, Object Oriented Design and coding methods, agile development, deployment scripting with tools like ANT or Perl, TDI scripting, and logging methods.
• Experienced in programming for relational databases, including SQL for DML, DDL and Queries.
• Familiar with communications protocols such as HTTP, TCP/IP, JMS, SSL, etc.
• Experienced with large and complex systems and the use of Software Development Lifecycle Methodology.
• Knowledgeable in secure coding standards and security patterns for application and data level security.
• Must be a fast learner and a commitment to personal growth in the domain of Information Security.
• Must have experience researching and introducing new technologies.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring other associates as well as leading small teams of peers.
• Strong oral and written communications abilities are necessary, as are excellent interpersonal skills for customer interfacing.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/8/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship