Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Lead the efforts of defining the Product Backlogs by working closely with the team of business analysts, architects, technical SMEs, and business owners. Use the Product Vision and Roadmap as provided by the Product Manager to develop Epics and Features, and work with Business Analysts to create User Stories that accurately reflect the desired product capabilities. Build a product backlog, and review with business owners to determine business value and assign priority. The Senior Product Owner will determine the acceptance criteria and have authority to accept or reject development team deliverables. This position is accountable for the success of the product or component under their purview.
Under the general direction of the FEP Lead Product Owner and/or FEP Product Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Lead the efforts of defining the Product Backlogs by working closely with the team of business analysts, architects, technical SMEs, and business owners. Use the Product Vision and Roadmap to develop Epics and Features, and work with Business Analysts to create User Stories that accurately reflect the desired product capabilities. Build a product backlog, and review with business owners to determine business value and assign priority. The Senior Product Owner will determine the acceptance criteria and have authority to accept or reject development team deliverables. This position is accountable for the success of the product or component under their purview.
Define the Minimally Marketable Release (MMR) and the Minimal Viable Products (MVP) associated with the Program Increments. Works with the Scrum Masters to schedule the grooming sessions with the scrum teams. Provides guidance and necessary inputs from business perspective to the scrum teams during the grooming sessions. Leads discussions regarding technical challenges/hurdles to business owners and helps communicate resolutions to the appropriate stakeholders.
Follows and evangelizes the Agile playbook and process at the FEPOC to support Agile product delivery. Conducts Program Increment and/or Release planning sessions with business owners to understand the business priorities for the upcoming product iteration. Plans and conducts release planning sessions with the internal scrums teams to share the Product Roadmap and business priorities for the upcoming release/iteration. Participates in daily scrum stand-ups as required, and, as time permits, other Agile ceremonies. Conducts product demonstrations and/or reviews after each Sprint as-needed, and for stakeholders (e.g. Plans) to promote the product.
Provides inputs and feedback to Product Manager and business owners on the strategic business roadmap based on customer input, empirical data, and industry knowledge. Works closely with Lead PO and Product Manager to promote product and achieve market success as defined by product adoption.
Guides business analysts on how to break down the MVP into the User Stories and writing effective User Stories. Provides inputs to the Scrum Masters on improvement opportunities with grooming sessions. Engages with business stake holders on as-needed basis to educate, learn and provide input to support/improve Agile delivery. Provide input and champion Agile process improvement initiatives based on team/external feedback.
Support culture change to improve delivery agility. Provide coaching to team members who are new to Scrum and Agile practices. Supporting Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture. Mentors Product Owners to ensure their success.
This position requires minimal “on call” for emergency situations requiring immediate resolutions. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required. Travel between CareFirst locations and client offices may be required. This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess either of the bullets listed below:
• 6+ years of IT and business experience in planning, Business Analysis, Business Development, Solutions Development, System Analysis, Technical design/development and/or implementation and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms or similar/equivalent experience; OR
• 4 years Product Owner experience) in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.
• Demonstrated experience as a Scrum Product owner
• Excellent communication, interpersonal & leadership skills.
• Understands the value of negotiation, and seeks our mutually beneficial outcomes
• Hands on experience with Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc.
• Business savvy to understand the product needs of the future and influence stakeholders to adopt and prioritize them; discovers and shares potential business and product opportunities
• Understanding of Web & Mobile technologies, user experience modelling/evolution, web services, etc.
• Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
• Builds construction working relationship with business owners, stakeholders, and internal organizations
• Understands and assists Product Manager with development of a Product Vision; uses Product Vision as guide to create product roadmaps for Scrum development effort
• Works with Lead Product Owner as –needed to ensure product alignment across the organization
• Experience with managing the creation and grooming of user stories and defining acceptance criteria in Scrum
• Experience in Health insurance domain a plus.
• Support product evolution by engaging all stakeholders and sponsors, documentation of future state requirements, development of a Product vision/roadmap for the future, and aligning stakeholders on the path ahead.
Candidates should have proven product leadership experience with multiple medium to large projects. Experience working directly with clients and scrum teams in implementing the production backlog. Ability to take and defend decisions, and provide guidance to the scrum teams. Ability to articulate the business vision and requirements to the technical teams to come up with high level solutions. Experience with contributing new product ideas to the business stakeholders at various forums using the tools like presentations, product demonstration etc. Technical and Domain knowledge of claims, enrollment & health insurance industry preferred. Understanding contemporary technologies and how technologies can be leveraged to solve business problems. Flexibility is essential to this position. Excellent communication, written as well as verbal, documentation and interpersonal skills.
• Prior experience as a Technical Lead, System Analyst, Solutions Architect, or and Business Analyst is a big plus.
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) highly desirable
A Product Owner is seen as a leadership role, and candidate needs the confidence, talent and sufficient IT experience to demonstrate and inspire their team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/17/2020