Resp & Qualifications
The IT Business Relationship Director (BRD) is a senior level, highly adaptable and versatile leadership role reporting to the VP Business Information Officer (BIO) that will interface with business areas as a trusted advisor and advocate of Information Technology capabilities. This individual will serve as liaison for various activities, as driven by the business, relative to supporting process efficiencies, creating operational scale, technology enhancements, and proactive support for strategic and product development initiatives.
The BRD is responsible for working with the business and key stakeholders to identify, analyze, and capture business value for each initiative while ensuring alignment with corporate strategy and IT road map. Has overall responsibility for division decisions and management. Provides strategic direction, coaches and mentors management staff which includes managers, project leaders and technical staff.
- Ensure the full delivery of IT value to other business areas by nurturing high-level relationships, sensing business opportunities and selling the value of IT in delivering business solutions.
- Measure, track, and report on value realization, performance metrics, and customer satisfaction relative to technology projects delivered to senior management as needed.
- Develop an understanding of the business from financial, administrative, and operational views both internally and externally, and ensure IT resources and technology are selected/implemented that support short and long term business goals.
- Consult with Director of BIO Analytics to ensure quality of business needs data analysis and alignment with 5-3-1 strategy for respective business areas supported.
- Partner with Digital Factory, IT Operations, Cyber Security and the Chief Data Officer organization to ensure technical solutions align with identified business needs.
- Provide active leadership for the professional development of the BRM team including goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring and ensuring the teams skills, certifications and capabilities are kept current
- Financial Responsibility - Signings Responsibility Up to $100,000 (Directors)
- Budget Responsibility - Amount Notes $100,000 - $250,000 USD
- Freedom To Act - Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria in obtaining results. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Takes calculated risks with consultation from the expert.
- Problem Complexity and Problem Solving Timeframes - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires and evaluation of intangibles. Aware and responds to changing and interconnected variables. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Problem/Task resolution timeframe: Inclusive of shorter timeframes, but typically twelve months or more to resolve.
- Level of Supervision Received - Establishes personal standards of performance within broad framework of policy and objectives as set by senior management.
- Impact - Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in the inability to reach crucial organizational objectives and may have prolonged effect, as well as the expenditure of substantial resources.
- Contact with Others - Represents the organization as the primary contact. Interacts with management and senior value-chain partners on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Achievement of objectives requires ability to influence others both internally and potentially externally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Proficiency
- Understands business goals and priorities and maintains excellent knowledge of how the business functions Expert
- Follows evolving market, industry and consumer trends Expert
- Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization Expert
- Identifies business implications of new technologies and demonstrates mastery in specialized areas Expert
- Able to scan and understand technology trends and major vendors to support business capabilities Expert
- Effective communication of complex ideas both verbal and written Expert
- Exceptional facilitation and organizational skills Expert
- Excellent relationship management skills Expert
- Significant experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) Advanced
- Strong analytic skills utilizing tools such as Power BI, Excel, etc. Advanced
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential fun
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field
- 7 years experience with any combination of the following: business/system analysis, program/project, working in Agile environments that rely on speed of operation and collaboration for results or related advisory or delivery experience
- 3 years managing employees and related operational or projects budget(s)
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- 3+ years of prior consulting or professional services experience; 2+ years vendor management experience;MBA or related master’s degree
Licenses and Certifications
Licenses/Certification Details Time Frame Req Pref
Certified Business Relationship Manager-CBRM
Department: Member Facing Digital Applications
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/22/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship