Resp & Qualifications
SUMMARY: The Settlement Analyst is an entry level position that is responsible for the invoicing and accounts receivable activities for groups with special funding arrangements, including administrative services only (ASO), including specific and / or aggregate stop loss. The Settlement Analyst will handle a book of business consisting of approximately 20 accounts. This is a unique, high profile position which requires the incumbent to interact with Customers, Sales Representatives, external partners including Brokers and Consultants, Finance, Underwriting, Contracting and Compliance, Strategic Business Units (SBUs), and Technical Operations Support (TOS), to ensure the continued accuracy and completeness of invoices, invoice reporting, ERISAs and accounting entries for non-fully insured rating arrangements.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general supervision of the Manager of Financial Settlements and the Supervisor, the incumbent’s principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare weekly claim settlements associated with special funding arrangements for assigned accounts, including submission of required reporting within the time frame.
• Prepare monthly settlements associated with special funding arrangements for assigned accounts, including submission of required reporting within the time frame.
• Provide assistance to technical support staff and management in the resolution of issues that may impact timely client invoice/payment notification and/or client submission of funds to fulfill funding arrangements.
• Prepare annual settlements associated with special funding arrangements for assigned accounts, including submission of required reporting within the time frame.
• Provide support to the month end accounting close through the accurate and timely analysis of settlement activity and submission of gain/loss reporting.
• Accurately enter monthly settlements into the Oracle Accounts Receivable Module, apply cash receipts to the appropriate client invoices and analyze the respective balances.
• Complete journal entries to the general ledger for financial reporting.
• Provide customer service to internal and external customers including explaining all invoice items, and answering questions about account balances.
• Participate in special projects aimed at process improvements and/or enhancement of existing business practices including those internal to the Settlements department, and those that may impact other departments (e.g. Finance, Underwriting).
• Work closely with teammates to share information and ideas, problem solve and motivate peers.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field or equivalent experience in insurance operations including claim processing, client enrollment, or customer invoicing. Experience in accounting, billing and/or bookkeeping. This position also requires strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and MS Word.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Willing to put in extra effort to get the job done.
Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring issues to resolution. Strong organizational skills. including the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Ability to accept additional roles and responsibilities and manage change.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/24/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship