Resp & Qualifications
We’re looking for a Leader in IT Strategic Sourcing, VMO
Join the revolution in health care IT
We’re working on “the big picture” of the future of health care information technology and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. Today, we're looking for an accomplished IT Strategic Sourcing (VMO) Manager as part of our technology division transformation. This role drives key relationships with critical business and delivery partners, manages global partner relationships and work with internal teams across a variety of constituencies to ensure understanding and execution of customer and business needs.
This Leader will contribute to enhancing and optimizing the processes and workflows established between CareFirst and contracted strategic partners. The Leader will hold partners accountable for performance standards, for example, ensuring constituents receive the highest quality of service within financial and other contract terms. This role requires experience and skills necessary to manage in both a heavily matrixed environment as well as ability to coach and mentor junior team members.
You’ll support and lead…
- Executing an IT needs/value assessment
- Instilling partner client service/ownership accountabilities through a matrix leadership style
- Demonstrating industry, trends, and consultative value expertise
- Conducting market assessments, identifying emerging shifts, benchmarks, and potential partner identification
- RFx management
- Driving partner strategy & relationship management
- Managing sourcing program execution
- Contract negotiation, operationalizing, and execution
- Monthly and Quarterly Partner Business Reviews
- Responding to audits and partner/internal operational needs
- Establishing yourself as the initial escalation point for issue resolution
- Overseeing the partner management process including supervision and monitoring of strategically sourced IT Division relationships.
- Ensuring quality processes are in place to monitor partner performance against Service Level Agreements and key contract provisions.
- Establishing processes for partner performance reporting and issue resolution.
- Reviewing status and performance of the partner relationships and contract to determine with reporting to peers and leadership.
- Providing sourcing expertise and represent the IT Division during the RFx process to ensure divisional business goals are clearly identified and achieved.
- Working in a heavily matrixed environment, leverage talent in areas such as Procurement, Finance, Legal and other cross functional Departments to ensure partner procurement complies with Corporate Policies.
- Facilitating the RFx process, which includes, but is not limited to, requirements development, defining milestones, risk identification and mitigation and vendor selection.
- Work with Business Owners and partners to develop and document Service Agreements and Statements of Work (SOW) that support the outsourcing arrangement.
- Monitoring and evaluating partner performance and compliance with service level agreements, contract guidelines, Sarbanes Oxley regulations, disaster recovery and business continuity protocols and requirements.
- Supporting the Division and Business Owners through coordination of issue resolution.
- Providing reports on partner performance including contract compliance and making recommendations for partner performance improvement; conduct root cause analysis, determine appropriate corrective action and impose financial remedies on partners. Oversee daily, weekly and quarterly progress updates as needed. Managing contract financial terms through tracking, payment oversight.
- Interpreting existing, and negotiating new, contracts on behalf of the IT Division. Work with Divisional Business Owners to ensure service level agreements and contract guidelines are clearly defined and documented. Accountable for working with the Division Business Owners and other impacted areas to establish new internal workflow processes and procedures to manage partner impact on the business area.
- Representing Division Business Owners on internal committees pertaining to corporate initiatives, legislative requirements and systems initiatives, which may impact assigned partner(s). Clearly articulate these committee results with Division Management, Sourcing and others as needed.
- Serving as a Division liaison with other departments to develop annual account plans for and build long-term relationships with key partners; proactively identify and qualify new partnership opportunities and work with partners to help them understand CareFirst roadmaps and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Information Technology, or health care administration; In lieu of a degree, an additional 4 years of pertinent experience is required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in vendor/sourcing management, contracts administration, Purchasing/Procurement and/or RFP/SOW work; and 3+ years in the Health Care Industry
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different functional areas within the organization.
- Past success in building productive long-term partner and customer relationships.
- Ability to present professionally to senior management of CareFirst and contracted partners.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Operations, IT or similar area managing multiple projects and/or partners as project/sourcing/VMO leader.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage multiple projects, department areas within acceptance of timeline and budget
- Ability to work with diverse groups of internal and external management and associates, especially in times of conflict and pressure to adhere to project and contractual obligations.
- Mutually acceptable action plan development and follow up is a key requirement within the relationship management.
- Demonstrated financial and business analysis skills, at complex levels, while able to clearly communicate information from team member to senior executive. This includes written and spoken communication
- Previous effective use of tracking and reporting processes, software and systems
- Excellent communicator who expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Proven people skills, with the ability to establish relationships and influence stakeholders at all level
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or Health Care Administration
- IT technology or service delivery management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/24/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship