Resp & Qualifications
We are looking for an IT Business Relationship Analyst
Join the revolution in health care IT
CareFirst is working on “the big picture” of the future of health care information technology, and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. Today, we are looking for a top IT Business Relationship Analyst who wants to be a key change-maker, supporting high visibility, impactful initiatives that touch our Finance, Human Resources, Legal and Strategy areas of the business.
The IT Business Relationship Analyst is a highly adaptable and versatile individual contributor that will interface with Business Relationship Managers (BRMs) and business areas as a trusted advisor and advocate of Information Technology capabilities. This individual will serve as liaison for various activities relative to supporting process efficiencies, creating operational scale, technology enhancements, and value tracking & metrics.
This position is responsible for working with the BRM team, business and key stakeholders to identify, analyze, and capture business value for each initiative while ensuring alignment with corporate strategy and IT roadmap – in our search, we hope to find someone with career strengths building strong stakeholder relationships, is an expert making business cases that drive value and has a consultative approach and strategic mindset.
- Investigate and analyze feasibility of low to moderately complex enhancements, automations, and processes.
- Analyze, define, and interpret business needs and issues by gathering, analyzing, documenting, and validating the Business area(s) and user(s) technical (functional/non-functional) requirements.
- Participates in requirements analysis and verification sessions for complex projects and may lead requirements analysis and verification sessions for less complex projects.
- Partner with business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases, and plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they fit into business strategy, roadmaps, and priorities.
- Participates in the tracking and management of open issues and assists in planning for resolution for complex projects.
- Maintain communications with technical counterparts to adopt best practices and ensure integration of specific application architecture into overall enterprise technology strategy
- Support testing efforts by defining, developing, and implementing practices and procedures for complete end user test plans.
- Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve defects during the testing process
- Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve defects during the testing process.
- Participates in the management of the sequencing of releases to meet business needs for less complex enhancements, automations, and implementations. May lead sequencing of releases for less complex enhancements, automations, and implementations.
- Troubleshoot systems problems identify cause of problems, work with appropriate group to correct problem.
- Develop solutions that for low to moderately complex technical and/or business issues.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and enhancements.
- Participates in the exploration of alternative business solutions for moderately complex processes, programs, or applications, and may lead exploration of alternative business solutions for less complex processes, programs, or applications to crate, maintain and enhance business value.
- Works closely with system analysts to help create Proof of Concepts (POCs) and alternative.
- Use project management techniques to establish roles and responsibilities, monitor project and request status and workload, and ensure deliverables of high quality, effectiveness, and timeliness.
- Manages assigned enhancements, automations, and implementations from concept through implementation.
- Partner with business analysts to ensure that essential business requirements are understood, captured, and reflected in solution documentation. Staff the role of business analyst if needed
- Partner with business transformation or change management teams to ensure that the business unit or function has the capacity and capabilities to implement changes required by new technology solutions
- Partner with IT Ops to drive closure of outstanding helpdesk related business tickets & issues
- Share ownership of the process around business value results of technology-related projects; assist in measurement and communicate business value results on a regular basis
Abilities and skills, we would like to see….
- Use industry standard requirements gathering and modeling techniques to understand and communicate the needs of the product’s users
- Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests
- Ability to lead problem-solving discussions
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently. Proven Project Management skills
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Focus on customer service
- Able to set and manage expectations with business partners
- Able to listen, build rapport, and credibility with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to work in matrixed environment
- Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Power Point, MS Project, Visio, and Excel
- Experience with Requirements Traceability Matrixes (RTM) and RTM gap analysis
- Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or testing background and 3-6 years of direct Business Analyst experience.
- Experience in business process analysis, Workflow, task analysis, User acceptance testing and requirements analysis.
- Proven ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
- Technical writing experience and training experience.
- Prior experience leading business/technology enhancements, automations, and implementations.
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated successful use of SDLC methodology or demonstrated knowledge of business processes related to the business area supporting.
- Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Business Analysis Best Practices.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other associates as well as leading small teams of junior analysts.
- Knowledge of organization and operations of the business area supporting
- Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures
- Knowledge of the CareFirst Defined Processes
- Business Analyst certification
- Experience with Requirements Management tools
- Experience with healthcare insurance industry, especially BCBS plans
- Experience with software testing, test management and defect tracking tools
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/9/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship