Resp & Qualifications
We’re looking for a Senior Level, Unified Executive Support Engineer - Join the revolution in health care IT
We’re working on “the big picture” of the future of health care information technology, and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. Today, we're looking for a top Senior Unified Communication Engineer who wants to be change-maker, while working together to build a leaner approach and really make an impact in our IT Infrastructure Engineering team and our success. At CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the direction of health care.
Working here means collaborating across teams, influencing change and providing clear communication as you support the technology needs of senior executives and their executive assistants. They will ensure that the technology needs of the senior executives are met through solutions that are well constructed, well communicated and operating properly. Responsible for 2nd level technical guidance for staff members and the coordination of service provided by the IT Operations for executive support.
This position also requires the efficient utilization of all desktop and wireless hardware and software tools as directed by the UCS Manager. The Unified Communication executive support engineer will interface daily with other IT technical staff and customers, will be working on assignments, and delivering services and support related to all areas of executive support. Research and document new software and hardware in support of service request and project assignments. Provide complete customer service to all clients, prompt and effective troubleshooting, resolution and documentation of all assigned problems and service request. Project management, tracking and status updates.
- Executive Staff Support. Provides support for the technology needs of the senior executives and their executive assistants. Ensures that the technology needs of the senior executives are met through solutions that are well constructed, well communicated and operating properly.
- Conducts 2nd and 3rd level support for all trouble calls reported to the Service Desk related to executive and UCS support. Responds or resolves hardware and software problem within required SLA’s. Service Request are completed within required SLA, this function entails the physical movements of data equipment, as well as installation of new desktop hardware, software, various desktop peripherals and wireless devices. Verifies that all new hardware/software meets the CareFirst standard requirements and is MS compatible. Documentation and administrative functions of this job is required to be update trouble calls, service request and communication to associates on the status of their request daily. Providing quality service and communications to all levels.
- Customer service - identifies and meets all levels of support for heartbeat and day-to day setting customer expectations. Ensures post service follow-ups, customer services and communication to all concerned. Attend client meetings and make recommendation of Client Technology platform for Client Services. Provide communication back via status reports on projects assigned. Maintain a highly professional relationship with both internal and external clients.
- Research current technology through self-training. Provides instructions to peers and staff on technology changes and guidance. Keep abreast of current technology through a combination of research, formal and Self-training. Coordination’s with vendors, clients and other its members on testing and new technology.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement which includes but is not limited to, information confidentiality, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley and code of conduct policies
You’ll need to and be prepared to work on…
- Excellent customer service skills and must possess good interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written) with strong organization and time management skills, and good analytical skills.
- Troubleshooting and prioritization skills are very important, ability to think outside the box with high level knowledge of multiple PC, MAC hardware platforms and operating systems, troubleshooting, prioritization and escalation skill and knowledge of Ethernet network topologies, network protocol such as IP, and network communication equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot cable problems and use communication tools, such as cable testers, and crimp tools and must have experience working in a networked PC environment using shared resources and experience in support of multi-platform environments including mainframe and Unix-based systems.
- Be self-motivated and adaptable to change and function effectively in a team environment with knowledge and understanding of project management and the ability to coordinate assigned projects. Ability to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation, and project manages.
- Have the ability to work independently or as a member of a large team related project, change, release management using Teamtrack, with expertise in client device performance and benchmarking, Application Virtualization.
- Have ability to support Wireless technology and mobile computing, to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation, and project management and be self-motivated and adaptable to change, while adapting to a fast and changing IT environment – able to multitask.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- Minimum three years’ experience in providing desktop and technology support services to senior executives and staff and five years of user support experience, troubleshooting hardware and software problems required.
- Professional experience with current Windows OS, Apple OS and hardware, Microsoft Office365.
- Experience managing projects, particularly those impacting end users in a large enterprise support environment that is distributed.
- Professional experience with VOIP, mobile technologies preferred.
- Microsoft training on Desktop Essentials and working towards other Microsoft Certificates with latest version of Microsoft Office and software integration.
- Desktop Virtualization experience.
- Prior technical project management experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/10/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship