Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Director, Quality Assurance & Testing, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage departmental resources and assignments for Operations Center testing; provide guidance, training, support and leadership to assigned staff consistent with CareFirst HR policies, in order to ensure a competent and effective workforce with the necessary skills to accomplish departmental goals. Responsible for researching, developing and implementing testing methods and procedures. Ensures that products meet the highest quality standards. Monitors and reports on defects and test status.
- Develop the strategic planning for testing and quality assurance practices and manages the preparation and execution of tactical plans; ensure the utilization of project management and quality assurance in the execution of plans. Ensures that quality methods and procedures are executed. Ensures that products, applications, and systems are in compliance with established quality standards, and meet customer requirements.
- Develop and manage the development of division testing documentation, policies and procedures; ensure that capabilities developed or purchased during any project are carried over to successive projects and that new IT capabilities integrate with existing capabilities. Design and manage testing automation and regression testing suites.
- Keep abreast of current testing and assurance technology through research and self-training. Provide potential technology use and enhancements to the enterprise as architecture and integration technology changes occur in the industry.
- Knowledge, understanding of, and experience with multi-platform testing architectures, practices and standards across Intel, Unix and mainframe platforms.
- Awareness of new testing technologies / approaches and how they could be leveraged to benefit validation strategies and initiatives.
- Experience in testing life cycle methodologies and complex enterprise application integration testing disciplines
- Minimum 3+ years experience managing testing in Agile teams
- Experience with test automation with respect to Agile Scrum testing and DevOps integration
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and base set of conditions for their occurrence
- Exhibit the ability to assess the priority and severity of issues by understanding business objectives, risks, technical costs, and user needs as well as weigh alternatives for solution
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Proven communication skills that demonstrate understanding of complex technical details, clarity of thought, and the ability to persuade othersMath
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field (i.e., Engineering, Applied Science, , etc,) .
- A minimum of 7 to 10+ years of hands-on systems testing, validation and verification.
- Three to 5 years of technical management experience, in a systems testing and/or support discipline
- Experience in developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems, client users and/or units across an organization
- Experience with applications support of multiple operating systems and environments, front and back end system testing & technologies
- Understanding and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), specifically with Agile methodology
- Experience in automated testing in relationship to Agile testing and DevOps
- Project Management experience in large scale system deployments
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Must be able to manage a departmental budget
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communications skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, forward-thinking
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem-solving ability to engage in continuous learning
Preferred: Experience in healthcare
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/30/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship