Resp & Qualifications
The incumbent assumes a positive approach in the identification and processing of company cash receipts to maximize the corporate cash position, thereby, supporting the investment goals of the Treasury department. The incumbent will act as the main Treasury contact for all Corporate projects related to Premium Payment processing, will handle the more analytical functions of the Cashier department, will be responsible for handling cash application audit related analysis and requests, will assist the Accounting department reconcile all daily deposits to the bank, and will act as the main bank contact for all Lockbox, Direct Debit, and Credit Card transactions. Will work closely with the Enrollment and Billing, Sales, Collections, and Accounting areas throughout the company to ensure that all member and group payments are deposited accurately and in a timely manner. Additionally, the incumbent will act as CareFirst main banking associate, as outlined below.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of Cash Applications, the Treasury Specialist accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
The incumbent will:
• Act as the main Treasury contact for all Corporate projects related to Premium Payment processing, Lockbox, Direct Debit, and Credit Card transactions.
• Be responsible for handling cash application audit related analysis and requests.
• Assist the Accounting department reconcile all daily deposits to the bank and identifies and processing any missing payments
• Work closely with the Enrollment and Billing, Sales, Collections, and Accounting areas throughout the company to ensure that all member and group payments are deposited accurately and in a timely manner.
• Researches customer issues with accounts as needed for other departments and processes corrections.
• Ensures Facets unapplied payments reports are run, distributed and worked daily.
• Provides weekly status reports for management, and reporting such as NSF, multiple payment reports, and Ad hoc reports
• Acts as lead on updating the SQL’s for Cashier reporting
• Provides support to other cashiers as needed.
• Assist with Banking function, including banking RFPs, bank product service training, establishment of new accounts, implementation of new banking services, coordination of bank service problems, and updating bank stat files.
• Assist Treasury team during implementation of new products, services, etc.
• Maintains strong communication and positive relationships with the banking vendors.
• Completes research and provides assistance with requests regarding SunTrust on daily operations
• Keeps record of updated banking documentation
• Responsible for set up and management of accounts for users of online banking websites. Provides assistance to users as needed for access issues.
• Assists with requests related to bank account and lockbox set up, documentation, changes, and research.
• Assist with bi-annual SOX audit requirements and review.
• Responsible for providing quarterly audited financials to bank vendors.
Represent Finance/Treasury in Corporate Initiative projects relating to Cash Receipts. Special projects including financial modeling, root cause analysis, process and procedure reengineering, and real estate analysis.
Provide support/back-up to cash management functions including the daily cash desk (polling banks, wire transfers, etc.), tracking and forecasting cash flows, and cash account reconciliation.
The incumbent is directly accountable for authorizing the Facets Direct Debit file with the bank every month with each file totaling over $5.0 million of members premium money. Approximately $60 million annually.
Assist with the reporting and oversight of investment activity accounting, worth over $1.9 billion annually.
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in Banking, Investments, Cash Applications, and/or Relationship Management required.
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent analytical skills, as well as the ability to demonstrate flexibility, innovation, problem solving skills and resourcefulness.
• Excellent human relations, oral and written communications skills.
• Must be a self-motivated individual with excellent organizational work habits. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Requires highest level of integrity.
• Proficiency in PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to handle various tasks simultaneously under time constraints.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/9/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship