Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Responsible for leadership and direction of the Service Benefit Plan Administrative Services Corporation (SBPASC) a for-profit subsidiary of CareFirst.
Is responsible for both the development and execution of short-term tactical operating plans and the development and implementation of a long-term strategic plans positioning the Service Benefit Plan (SBP) as a leading technology solution for Federal Employee Program operations. The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Negotiates, directs and oversees the administration of contractual services to Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and its health plans. Ensures operational integration of contractual requirements resulting in adherence to quality standards and performance expectations as required and strives to meet and or exceed established service level agreements. Leads strategic and long-term planning of the organization, integrating long-term plans with vision and operational plans of parent company. Develops and presents operational results to the Board of Directors of the Service Benefit Plan (SBP), CareFirst, Inc. Board of Directors and to the BlueCross BlueShield Association (BCBSA).
2. Directs the centralized claims adjudication, member enrollment, customer service, data analytics and operational processing capabilities for 36 Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Plans serving 5.5 million Federal Employee Program members. Plans, directs and participates in large administrative system implementations and the development of comprehensive readiness programs. Leads business and technology resources to deliver an inventory of multi-year modernization commitments for claims processing, enrollment, customer service and data services to enhance the Federal Employee Program’s ability to meet evolving market and member needs.
3. Drive increased customer satisfaction by building deep strategic relationships with BCBSA and its 36 Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans; maintains knowledge of customer needs and trends as well as new approaches and technologies to drive performance improvement. Oversee the development and execution of multi-year product roadmaps and strategies to meet customer needs. Oversee the effective communication of change management process.
4. Directs the development and execution of medium - and long-term strategies to position the company as a leader in the health insurance technology industry. Establish performance expectations to drive a results-focused operating environment and establish metrics and analytics for review, measurement and communication of business results.
5. Develops strategic direction within the Compliance and Risk Management Team ensuring an efficient, comprehensive compliance program that will meet organization’s ability to demonstrate compliance with the regulations.
RESPONSIBILITY AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Direct Reports: 8 - 9
Indirect Reports: 800 - 900 Associates and 400 – 600 Contingent Workers
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Government Programs and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Directors Office
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field
• 15+ years in Business and/or Information Technology resource management experience
• 8 to 10 years of increasingly responsible leadership and Human Capital management experience.
• Knowledge of health plan operations, technology and customer satisfaction strategies
• Previous experience leading in large scale technology implementations
• Manage multiple departments with an organization with accountability for multiple mission critical functions which involve new technology system and business process development; broad knowledge of program management operations and execution of multiple consulting projects
• Experience in managing high volume, service-oriented technology and/or business project portfolios to include: systems, planning, e-commerce, contract negotiation/maintenance, metrics and reporting
• Experience in promoting a culture which embraces organizational values of high ethical standards, customer-centricity, diversity, equity and inclusion. Collaborate and leverage Human Resources expertise to attract and retain Business and Information Technology talent to achieve and exceed organizational objectives.
• Exceptional listening, communication and relationship building skills with an undeniable ability to collaborate and to build consensus by finding common ground with peer senior executives and external partners; ability to effectively and concisely communicate complex issues to a broad set of stakeholders and to translate themes into frameworks that spur action
• Demonstrated success in leading a complex, matrixed organization representing a diverse workforce; ability to connect with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrated success in leading companies through organizational change, using well-developed change management skills that are aligned with the organizations culture.
• Promotes a culture which embraces organizational values of high ethical standards, customer-centricity, diversity, equity and inclusion. Collaborate and leverage Human Resources expertise to attract and retain Business and IT talent to achieve and exceed organizational objectives.
• Ability to prioritize and interpret operational performance metrics; determine when performance requires a change in strategy; leadership or programmatic change
• Success in building and managing high performing teams; shares and celebrates success with colleagues and staff while encouraging results-oriented, engaged work environment.
• Success in managing high volume, service-oriented IT or business project portfolios, systems, strategic planning, contract negotiation/maintenance, metrics and reporting.
• Broad understanding of product development, systems development and management disciplines.
• Demonstrated business and political acumen to successfully navigate a complex organization.
• Strong working knowledge of corporate finance and legal best practices and operations; financial management of large administrative budget.
• Experience working with the government at Federal level,
In addition to the skills and experience requirements mentioned above the following competencies are those that will help drive success for this executive:
• Political Savvy
• Executive Presence
• Innovation Management
MBA or advanced degree in Business/Information Systems or related fields.
SBP - GM
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/26/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship