Resp & Qualifications
We’re looking for leaders in our Reporting/Analytics Department
Join the revolution in health care IT
We’re working on the “big picture” of the future of health care information technology, and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. At CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the direction of health care. Working here means collaborating across teams, making business engagement more flexible and adaptive, and translating business needs into customer-centric designs.
Today, we're looking for a top Insights Developer/Analyst who wants to be a key change-maker that empowers our business areas with analytics and sophisticated visualizations. These tools provide insights and actionable outcomes enabling CareFirst to be an industry leader.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I’LL BE SUCCESSFUL?
In the past, have you…
- Used leading visualization tools (e.g., MS Power BI Cloud, Tableau, etc.)
- Performed data mashups from multiple applications and/or data warehouse
- Trained business users on creating/using visualization tools for self-service scenarios
- Created and implemented mobile dashboard experiences
- Created geo-based dashboards which utilizes map attributes for filtering
- Created real time data stream visualizations
- Work under minimal supervision and exercise discretion and independent judgement in the performance of assigned duties
WHAT TYPES OF ACTIVITIES WILL I DO FROM DAY TO DAY?
Within an execution lens, you would…
- Lead ad-hoc requests for customer insights from start to finish by interpreting the business needs of the request, translating those needs into time efficient analysis planning, presenting insights in a consumable fashion and influencing leadership to action based on those findings
- Collaborate with Enterprise Data Warehouse team to drive technical design of data access, visualization and analytical layers; and to adapt the data access, visualization and analytical layers architecture and assets to meet evolving business requirements
- Design and develop analytic methodologies for a wide variety of total health issues
- Make use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling and fact-based management to drive decision making and help customers develop new insights and understanding of performance-based data
- Use Agile approach that takes broad visions/concepts through an iterative process and develops proof of concept products
Within a strategic lens, you would…
- Conduct undirected research and frame open ended questions. Work with business units and management to gather/understand business ideas for new customer centric designs
- Building corporate assets that align to the cloud-first, data-first architecture based on Agile development
- Provide thought leadership on best practices related to quality measurement data modeling and analytics presentation
- Build and maintain relationships with analytic groups and other cross-functional teams within IT and our internal/external customers to improve management of business strategies
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIAL NEEDS?
In the past, have you…
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a closely related field or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education?
- Programmed with R, SQL, SAS, or similar stack? Transformed data, data classification and translations, as well as resolving data quality and data cleansing challenges?
- Developed excellent research, analytical, written and oral communication skills? Developed strong problem-solving skills? Worked independently and as part of a team? Developed the capacity to work with new technologies?
If you’ve got what we need, take the next step! to express your interest and learn more, send a note and copy of your resume to Jim LaBelle at [email protected].
CareFirst has leading-industry benefits including incentive-based compensation, strong PTO, 401K match, is focused on local communities by supporting numerous activities, groups and has been rated among the ‘World’s Most Ethical Companies’ for a seventh consecutive year.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/20/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship