Resp & Qualifications
The Strategic Partnerships Consultant is responsible for working with strategic vendors to develop, implement, and monitor key strategies that maximize the Company’s basic and enhanced value that is delivered to members. This role leads financial and strategic evaluations of vendor partnership initiatives to achieve enterprise wide operational effectiveness and efficiency. In addition, the Consultant leads cross-functional strategic initiatives, provides subject matter expertise, and industry best practices related to partnership transformation.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Strategic Partnerships Supervisor, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Design and lead strategy, planning, and execution of marketing activities and partnership activities.
• Aggressively research and synthesize market trends and insights, identifying new and innovative approaches to the execution of critical business and operational activities with vendors.
• Identify new, disruptive, and market-relevant business opportunities and operating methods for strategic value assessment of vendors.
• Drive vendor engagements by leading the development of strategic and tactical initiatives.
• Target and build long-term relationships with existing vendors and proactively identify new partnership type opportunities that are strategic for the organization.
• Serve as a point of first contact and management for the creation of new, innovative partnerships.
• Work with divisional and enterprise level cross-functional teams to guide implementation of strategic plans and accomplish goals on tight deadlines.
• Perform data analysis to drive key business insights, scalable growth strategies, and detailed execution plans.
• Develop recommendations and solutions, bridging the gap between the Company’s high-level mission, its people, processes, and technical solutions with those of strategic partners integrated with CareFirst.
• Support Large Group SBU Sales, Services, Operations, Implementation, and other cross-functional areas in strengthening partnerships through analytics and reporting.
• Collaborate with internal business experts to discover and develop innovative capabilities, processes and tools.
• Coordinate with training department to ensure impacted business areas have appropriate knowledge level on partners.
• Work in partnership with corporate communications to integrate and align practices and messaging to support strategic company endeavors.
• Lead the investigation of process issues and opportunities, identify causes and ensure associated actions are effectively implemented.
• Utilize professional consultative expertise to conduct business analysis, as well as develop, present and implement customized business solutions to each targeted partner.
• Review vendor management data, analysis of trends, monitoring quality of vendor services, and identification of opportunities for program improvement.
• Translate partners' technical requirements into business growth opportunities.
• Own the implementation of the Company's partner solutions with vendors.
• Represent the team at vendor meetings, obtaining buy-in from senior management and vendor partners.
• Collaborate with vendors to help them understand the processes, business, and overall values of CareFirst.
• Collaborate across sectors to ensure regular exchange of information to support consistent messaging, share communications practices and support enterprise events.
• Bachelor's degree in business, innovation, healthcare management, information technology, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 4 or more years of experience in business, marketing, healthcare management, management consulting or related field.
• An advanced degree in a health care related field (MBA or MPH, with a concentration in health care or health economics) or equivalent work experience.
• Training and experience in structured, end-to-end innovation processes including project delivery, value assessment and design thinking.
• Strategic thinking with consultative problem-solving approach.
• Strong quantitative analytical skills with proven experience identifying and capturing value from strategic initiatives.
• Exceptional data analysis skills with demonstrated experience translating data sets into charts, graphs and diagrams for executive audiences
• Ability to take apart processes, understand drivers, and work independently to develop recommendations.
• Ability to collaborate, and influence across different functional areas within the organization.
• Proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Salesforce.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, including Pivot Tables, VLookUp, Macros, Visual Basic, etc.
• Ability to communicate value proposition to potential partners, with experience likely gained from a consultative, solutions-based environment.
• Team player mentality.
• Professional "get it done" attitude and work ethic.
• Past success in mentoring and building productive long-term customer relationships.
• Energetic and driven personality.
• Adapts well to and is energized by change.
• Creative and innovative.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communicator who expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
• Proven people skills, with the ability to establish relationships and influence stakeholders at all level.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/20/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship