Resp & Qualifications
We are looking for a Lead Data Warehouse Engineer to
join us and the revolution in health care IT
We are working on “the big picture” of the future of health care information technology, and what we do touches the lives of millions of people. Today, we are looking for a formal Lead Data Warehouse Engineer who wants to make a difference; be change-maker, while working together to build a leaner approach and really make an impact in our Data Services Engineering team and our success. At CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of health care. Working here means collaborating across teams, influencing change, and providing clear communication as you support data-driven, transformation technology solutions that deliver business value.
Some of the other tasks you'll work on include...
- Provide oversight of a larger group within Data and Informatics (D&I) of resources in the design, develop, test, debug, document, and support all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- Takes leadership and accountability on coordination of work between multiple D&I teams and supply status to the program management team.
- Implement solutions and ensure all milestones are met. Escalate to executive management as needed
In support of Software Design, Development, you will…
- Lead in designing and defining core reusable assets that support the long-term business strategy for development efforts, ensure adherence to performance guidelines & business requirements and that all project teams code is to CareFirst specifications and ensure proper unit testing is done for all code.
- Look for standardization and reuse opportunities, abstractions and patterns across classes and components to streamline design and development of BI solutions.
With knowledge of the organization's infrastructure, hardware, systems software and protocols, act as a consultative resource for strategy, system design, development and/or modifications of software/procedures to solve business solutions across multiple heterogeneous platforms.
- Drive the solution design and solution review to ensure the technical architecture design meets the technical objectives, business requirements, and standards and ensures applications are designed for optimum performance and provide suggestions for ways to restructure designs to achieve optimal performance.
- Drives the design, develop, test and implementation of maintainable program logic for existing and new application in accordance with the technical specifications.
Reports to executive management on all project work and lessons learned as projects are closed.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Acturial Science, Information Systems, or other related IT field or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience with database management systems, ETL systems, business intelligence tools, defect management, and testing.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise leading specific work or resources on a team to deliver results.
Hands on experience in numerous technologies with skills ranging with one or more of the following:
- Logical and physical data model design; technical documentation; full-cycle system development, test case creation, audit balance and control metrics, relational and dimensional database systems;
Web-enabling applications; Java technologies (EJB, JSP, servlet), J2EE Web Service
- Development, Unix development, SQL Development (PL/SQL or T-SQL), Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS or SAS or MicroStrategy or Pryamid Analytics, OLAP Dimensional development, Data Warehousing, Master Data Management (MDM), Customer Data Integration (CDI), IBM Initiate, Oracle, Informatica (9.5.1 or higher) PowerExchange, Informatica Power Center, Tibco, C#, .NET., Snowflake, Azure
- Strong SQL and Data Analysis skills, attention to detail are required for this role. Additionally, the ability to obtain and retain business knowledge needed for future contributions.
- Some Healthcare experiences.
- Familiarity with new technologies and how they could be leveraged to benefit the department, new business strategies and corporate initiatives
Some knowledge of Big Data Technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/20/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship