Resp & Qualifications
The Supervisor of Strategic Partnerships will lead a team that will apply an analytic approach to initiate, manage, and sustain partnerships with new and existing vendors. This individual will also be responsible for vendor accountability and vendor performance against CareFirst’s interests. The Supervisor, Strategic Partnerships will train and motivate the performance of direct and indirect team members in a matrixed environment while encouraging a culture of innovation as a trusted consultant for colleagues across CareFirst.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of Director, Business Innovation, Implementation, and Strategic Partnerships, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Partnership Management
• Develop and establish new Strategic Partnership business area creating processes, policies, materials, and other support tools required to manage partnerships.
• Initiate, manage, and sustain partnerships with new and existing vendors, which include ConnectYourCare, CVS, Fiserv, and other key players.
• Establish training programs and toolkits with talking points and key messages early on in the development of their program.
• In addition to training core program staff, train associates at all levels to identify potential partners, realizing that collaborating opportunities may arise at any time.
• Establish and foster relationships with external and internal stakeholders to ensure leadership involvement and program visibility.
• Create and maintain a variety of channels, but the most frequently cited included websites, partner forums, newsletters, and press releases.
• Create a process for transferring information about potential opportunities to dedicated partnership colleagues.
• Develop, review, and revise annually partnership plans to enhance or incorporate initiatives.
• Develop evaluation processes that periodically evaluate the partnership program, which may include surveys of partners, key stakeholders, and internal staff.
• Build and maintain intelligence on healthcare and other industry leading companies.
• Monitor, analyze and develop a position on industry reports/trends regarding emerging technologies to include the identification of opportunities and risks.
• Develop partnership strategies to strengthen competitive position while sharing insights into industry/ partner trends and opportunities with the broader organization.
2. Vendor Management
• Performance manage vendors within LG SBU, which includes tracking, evaluating, and preparing reports regarding the establishment, meeting or exceeding contract expectations and metrics, and relationship management of the Service Level Agreements between LG SBU and vendor(s).
• Manage liaisons who act between CareFirst and vendors, ensuring that internal and external customers, including CareFirst and LG SBU management and associates, members, providers, brokers, and administrators, receive the full value of the contractual and professional expectation of the vendor in its delivery of products and services through its associates, processes and technologies.
• Collaborate with the Purchasing and Legal Departments to ensure vendor procurement complies with Corporate Purchasing Policies.
• Ensure vendor compliance with Sarbanes Oxley legislation and regulations and that disaster recovery and business continuity requirements and protocols have been put in place and are followed.
3. Staff Management
• Plan and monitor departmental activities and needs including the collection and analysis of performance data and performance management of staff reporting to this position.
• Meet staffing needs, associate development, and performance assessment of all direct and indirect reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or health care administration or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5+ years of progressively responsible professional experience with at least 3+ years of management experience in Vendor/Partner Management, Contracts Administration.
• Provider Credentialing/Contract Administration, Purchasing and/or RFP/SOW work.
• Strong understanding of the health care industry.
• Self-starter with high energy level and tolerance for ambiguity.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and internal/external relationship management skills.
• Excellent presentation (PPT), writing, and narrative development skills for senior management audiences.
• Strong PC skills, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, database applications—including statistical analysis.
• Must be open-minded to development strategy and approaches.
• Team builder with ability to create culture of innovation.
• Experience utilizing internal and external industry sources to gather and analyze research.
• Demonstrated experience interpreting results and articulating plan of action.
• Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to: 1) train and motivate team member’s performance in a matrixed environment; 2) positively impact the performance of colleagues and leaders as a trusted consultant.
• Experience performing complex financial and business analysis with proven ability to effectively communicate trends and results across all organizational levels. This includes written and spoken communication.
• Master Degree; Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or other related field
• Life and Health Insurance License a plus
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/20/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship