Resp & Qualifications
The Consultant, Financial Planning & Analysis will play a critical role in the analysis and execution of a wide range of strategic initiatives across the organization. The role is part of the FP&A strategic finance team; partners with business stakeholders to gather and vet business case assumptions and underlying rationale.
Include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible to partner and support divisional leader for divisional multi year business plan development initiate strategic projects to develop value-based strategies and tools for re-engineering of financial processes including developing new performance metrics and profitability measurements while creating detailed driver-based financial models for new organic/inorganic business opportunities.
· Create detailed driver-based financial models for new organic/inorganic business opportunities Partner with business stakeholders to gather and vet business case assumptions and underlying rationale Develop financial models related to pricing including pricing calculators and cost models Storyboard presentations and develop decks related to project outputs and other relevant topics for executive level presentation Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and market research to support projects
· Assist business stakeholders to build a business case that demonstrates why the project is needed and what the benefits of the project will be when it is finalized; critically examine the opportunities, alternatives, project stages and financial investment in order to make a recommendation for the best course of action that will create business value.
· Responsible for contributing to the development and extensive analytical review of planning information/data/reports in the planning/forecasting function. This includes working within the team, working with other areas within the Company, producing presentations for senior management and communicating status of deliverables to the department head. Support the Senior Manager in driving the monthly Finance Accountability Process – to review results, variances and full year forecasts with the head of the business and other members of the executive leadership team. Develop mitigation strategy or initiatives to drive efficiency and cost structure improvement.
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
· 8 years experience in a finance or analytical role within the finance sector or quantitative analysis
· Ability to manage long-term projects meeting deadlines and ensuring compliance.
· Ability to prepare ad-hoc analysis, experience studies and reports.
· Must demonstrate flexibility, innovation and problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
· Ability to express technical and financial analysis in a clear, concise manner on both written and oral form.
· Strong mathematical acumen with a solid understanding of financial and accounting principles.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills, able to interface with senior leaders in the business
· Proficient in Excel, VBA, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
· Good analytical skills, highly detail oriented and a thorough understanding of general economic theory as it relates to the lending and business environment.
· MBA/MS, preferably in a quantitative and analytical discipline.
· Specific experience building Excel-based financial models.
· Understanding of healthcare marketplace dynamics and healthcare financial and operational reporting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship